Duck on the Big Easy

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It is actually "easy". This 8# bird was probably done for most brethren (170 in breast; 160 in thigh) in about 1:45. I don't like juices flowing from my fowl so it went for 2 hours 30 min. Breast was done but still not as done as I like it leg was near perfect. Salted last night, pepper and complete seasoning before cook and a couple of potatoes to provide some moisture during the cook. I see a great future for this unit.

Attachments

• duck 1.jpg
    duck 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 219
  • duck bin raw.jpg
    duck bin raw.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 223
  • duck in bin.jpg
    duck in bin.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 219
  • duck done.jpg
    duck done.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 221
Looks good to me George. I have one in the freezer for Xmas.

Spatch it and 325 with the skin down most of the time.

I am gonna try a couple of those in my Big Easy just to get the rendered duck fat.Awesome idea! Thanks!

Excellent Bird! TBE will cook to Perfection. What temp measuring deceive were you using and perfect placement of the food! Like the foil on the bottom too for clean up but it may have caused it to cook the bottom of the bird more.

Excellent Bird! TBE will cook to Perfection. What temp measuring deceive were you using and perfect placement of the food! Like the foil on the bottom too for clean up but it may have caused it to cook the bottom of the bird more.
Thermapen Mk4. I wonder if you are right about the foil increasing intensity. It would be good to know. Also, does the top cook faster or slower than the bottom, in general.

Thanks for the post, George. I've been wanting to do a duck in my Big Easy.

Awesome thread!! Duck looks good!!

Thermapen Mk4. I wonder if you are right about the foil increasing intensity. It would be good to know. Also, does the top cook faster or slower than the bottom, in general.

The top cooks a little faster but not much. I have a 2" rack tto raise the bird just a little.

Back