Quit my job, time to open up a BBQ Restaurant!

Best wishes

Last edited:
Good for you PC Smoiker - best of luck on your journey!

That's so awesome that you're going after this!! Best of luck on this new venture!!!!

That sounds fun! I will have to make a trip to Cape Fear Smokehouse sometime next year. I am in agreement with another brother about quality. I know everything has to be up to par to be successful, and I have no experience running a restaurant but IMnotalwaysHO, FRIENDLY service and QUALITY BBQ will get you line out the door sales, better than anything else. Because that is where word of mouth billboards, make all the difference.

Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck! I will be following along on this thread.

Good luck and glad you posted this. I would love to hear your progress reports. Especially the set backs and how you solved them. Things like this are never trouble free and how you figure out the knots will be interesting. I look forward to hearing more

Congratulations!
A friend of mine just opened his smokehouse 2 weeks ago.
I just had lunch there and it was very good. I've known him for 7 or 8 years and have never seen him happier!
I wish you the same.

The Bones of the building look great

They are! It was operating as a pizzeria late last year, closed shortly after the hurricane. Unfortunately some of it is very outdated. The restrooms look like they are from my childhood, haha. I am also on a semi-tight budget (for a restaurant) so I might have to overlook some things until money starts to flow.

There are a lot of dollar saving things in place, assuming they are in ok working order or can be brought up to working order. I have built out 2 BBQ restaurants and I know how the money flies out of the pockets in the strangest places.

It is a labor of love and I wish you the best of luck

Back