"Restaurant Stakeout" on FoodTV--Customer Service

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
New series--I have watched a couple of them now.
Mixed emotions from me as to the "layout" of the show.

But, he does really drive home the importance of customer service and satisfaction.

I know, as a customer, I might overlook some minor problems with the meal if I have a pleasant experience with the staff.
Makes me feel that they are "trying", if not perfecting the deal.

Same thinking would apply to catering, bbq restaurant, or even the guy who does your lawn work.

Make the customer feel like you are trying and really care and the small stuff stays in proper perspective.

Just my thoughts.

TIM

Love the show, can't believe they can find so many stupid restaurant owners to have so many shows that are on now. I love the guys who tell Gordon that their food is great when the restaurant is empty and Gordon gags on the mess they just served him. Do any restaurant owners ever check the walk-in? The ones on the shows are mental.

I agree, Tim. Dunno about the old saying, "the customer is always right, " though. Some of them deserve to be thrown out of your place, but you do that at your own peril, of course.

Customer Service is a big thing for me...I'd gladly go back to a place with fair-to-middlin food that had friendly service than one that was reasonably good with service that didnt give a crap

Customer sevice is very important I gave a penny tip because sevice was so poor. I saw the show and found him obnoxious

Back