Suggestions for large charcoal grill

Walshman

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a large charcoal grill? The one I have been considering is the Meadow Creek BBQ60. I really like this grill, however my main concern is that the grill may be a bit too shallow and could cause many flare-ups.

I'm looking for something with a lid, similar in size to the Meadow Creek, lots of cooking space, slide out ash pan, and built well. Budget is around $2k. I'm flexible here. I also like the mobility of the Meadow Creek with the large casters/wheels. I should also mention that Meadow Creek is local to me.

Other options I have looked at are the Assassin grills, M1, and Hasty Bake. Anything else I'm missing? Thanks for all suggestions!

Assassin are nice. Your could get a 48 or 72 inch grill. The 48 is probably comparable size wise to the Meadowcreek as it has the upper shelf.

Also really like the Yoder Flat top. They are very versatile with the adjustable height basket. LSG and Pitts and Spitts make similar products.

I’d insist on a variable grate design so LSG, Pitmaker or maybe Hasty Bake

I would think a Santa Maria would do everything that style does but better. If you are concerned with the height and flare ups the Santa Maria solves that problem with the ability to raise your cooking grate significantly

The Assassin is great and can be made as large as you need it.

Another recommendation is the Yoder flat top.

I have both a M1 and Hasty Bake Legacy. They are both nice cookers. The HB has a slide out ash tray while the M1 does not. The M1 is built heavy duty with 10 gauge steel while the HB is built with 18 gauge steel though it's built pretty good.

Another vote for Meadow Creek BBQ42 since you like that brand. It is massive and deep with option to raise charcoal pan. Hands down best chicken I’ve ever cooked.

The one drawback is that’s it’s not great for small cooks. She wants to be loaded with charcoal

The Meadow creek BBQ42&60 that everyone is Recommending looks really nice.
I’ve cooked on the huge Webber kettle ranch one time years ago and it was massive and seemed higher quality than the smaller versions. It too was very nice.

What are you getting it for? Catering events? Or just home use with your friends and family?

Back