• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren *OFFICIAL* IMBAS MOINK Ball Certificates now available!

Here is my official entry to be a certified MOINK baller :mrgreen:

Sorry no pic of the preperation, but they are 100% pure 'Merican beef raised on our farm!!!!

picture.php

MOINK balls ready for the bbq

picture.php

MOINKS balls on the bbq

picture.php

MOINK balls sauced, SBR and Welches grape jelly mix, ready for total enjoyment!!

MOINK balls are a regular staple round here, so I sure hope to be officially certified.

Thanks for lookin

Here is my application for MOINK ball certification.

Meatballs are all beef Swedish meatballs. Sauce is Rudy's Sissy Sauce. Cooked alongside some pig shots.

Nice peeps!
Ya gotta wonder if bigabyte even remembers this thread is open....:-?

Ok, I'm going to try and get in on this. These are MOINKS on a budget as you can see. The meatballs are all beef. THe bacon is real to. Like a moron, In a fit of watering mouth, I ripped off the label before Pr0n.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These little jewels turned out great! A tad salty due to the salt in the bacon and salt in the rub that I used to much of BUT they were still great for my first try.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
They look jus fine!
And what's that fatty stuffed with?

That is what they call a lumber jack. A lumber jack is basically a corn dog. The outside is a maple syrup pancake and the inside is a sausage link. They come on a stick just like corn dogs. I removed the stick rolled it all up, added rub and went for it and I'm gonna tell ya, the Tennessee Pride Mild sausage and that lumberjack with the nice hint of rub ...... Yeah lol it was good.

I get the lumberjacks at Sam's Club along with the TN Pride sausage. It comes in 3 rolls for $7. The lumberjacks are like 8 or 9$ I suppose. Don't recall how many to a box. Give it a try if you go to Sams. It was well worth it.

WE are going to smoke several fattys this coming weekend for breakfast. We are gonna slice the lumberjack fattys and put them in between nice fresh butter milk biscuits.

MOINK Ball Certification Application

My application for MOINK ball certification:

IMG_2411.jpg
Started with 2 lb of USDA Choice ground chuck and 12 oz of uncured, smoked bacon. Since this was a special occasion for certification, opted to make my own meatballs. Mixed in chopped celery and purple onion in addition to some panko, oatmeal, and an egg to make it all stick together.
IMG_2413.jpg
Applied the bacon :icon_smile_tongue:
IMG_2414.jpg
Applied the smoke
IMG_2415.jpg
The results after basting with maple syrup.
IMG_2417.jpg
I was going to do a few with rub and some with BBQ sauce, but ran out of time and just went with the syrup glaze.

What does moink stand for?

Now I can not be certain, But I am sure the M is for meatball and the oink is due to the bacon coming from a pig.

If well seasoned certified MOINK baller would chime in on this, we would be much appreciative.

My entry and first try. I used ground beef loaded with seasoning and a tub of feta cheese, Balled them up and bacon wrapped. Smoked for 3 hours on the webber kettle. Finished with some jack Daniels BBQ

Last edited:
Here are my balls!

Attachments

• Moink1.jpg
    Moink1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Moink2.jpg
    Moink2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Moink3.jpg
    Moink3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 162
Has Bigabyte been taken hostage? I know the holiday probably had him busy, but there are some submissions that need to be addressed.

I don't know if he will certify entries that don't show prep and/or cooking over a wood or charcoal fire, though....

Chris,,where are you? Chris??? Are you out there???

Back