View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 AM   #14
BrandonBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidparker View Post
Brandon, if you haven't cooked for a large group of people, you definitely should first. Find a church or a VFW and volunteer to cook on a Saturday or Sunday. It will give you a small taste of the hassle and work involved. You will have to make sides and serve the food, as well as, just cook the Q. It may change your mind or it may be a blast. But you should try it before spending $$$ on equipment.
Today I started cooking for a 30 people party on Friday. 2 pork butts and 1 brisket on the WSM (guessing about 15lbs after cooking). Pit beans in the Electric with some of the pork juices. So this will be the first time for more than 15 people.

I'm not really in any hurry and definitely plan on doing more. I'm getting asked to cook more and more by people that have tried my BBQ. If I can get my stickburner built by the fall I'm going to be doing smoked Turkeys for a Thanksgiving feast to homeless/needy my father-in-law organizes every year.

I can promise I won't be rushing into something and am taking my time and doing everything by the book (legality wise). Again, we have connections around here to do something for at least 1/2" the cost of something you would purchase from a dealer/custom builder and we have the resources to do it. I would totally just buy one already done, but I'd rather DIY it myself because that's the type of person I am. Tell me I can't and I'm going to try even harder to figure it out.

NACHOS!

Thank you for the heads up! I have had a standup desk for a couple years now and am used to working while standing up, I'm fortunate to be young(er), in good health, and in a good place to be doing something like this.

I will definitely let you know if I have any questions. I appreciate it!

[B]On the 24' porch trailer:[/B]
Stumps XL Stretch

[B]On the patio:[/B]
BBQ Guru Shotgun - Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha - WSM 22 - Weber Q2200 - Masterbuilt MES 130B
BrandonBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote