• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Some Cold Smoked and Canned Salmon

I'm a big fan of smoked salmon and really like everything about this post. Outstanding work Jeanie.

I don't think I like you anymore...

<don't be jealous> <don't be jealous> <don't be jealous>

Looks great, you're killing me with the photos. :thumb: I've had a note and a couple of your photos on the recipe page for my canned salmon for quite a while and keep forgetting to smoke & can some. My dry cure is similar to your recipe, I do put my fillets flesh down when I wrap, but I do need to try slicing to the skin, it makes perfect sense especially when cubing the meat for canning anyway. Like you I use either jalapenos or green onion in each jar, and a tick of oil, a little water and some seasoning.

I generally can 6# of salmon at a time, which is about 14 of the 1/2 pint jars and I'm down to about 5 jars. Maybe I'll put a reminder note on the jars themselves so I won't forget to try this next time.

voi3iC9.jpg

Fantastic as usual Jeanie! I'm a fiend for deviled eggs. Never had duck eggs though. I'm going to have to be on a mission to find some now. Thanks for the great post.
Thanks Josh! I'm pretty fond of duck eggs. Hope you give them a try sometime. :-D

That sure looks good. You have some mad cooking and photo skills.
Thanks so much! Very kind of you! :-D

Eric work neighbor! It all looks amazing

Spring Salmon season is just around the corner
Neighbor, you've got it made. Wish I lived closer to the ocean or water. Thanks! :-D

That has got to taste amazing.... your Skillz are crazy!!!!!!!!

Great to see you Paul! Hope all is well in Alabama. Thanks! :-D

Looks delicious as always Jeannie!

Thank you Neil! :-D

Thank you Ed, Cullen and Robert! :-D

Once again - starts out great and just keeps getting better as I scroll down! I've been wanting to get into canning stuff, but it just seems to stay on that list of things I wanna "do one day".... Plus, with the 2 eating machines I have in the house, it's hard enough to keep stuff in the fridge, let alone in jars. :shocked:

Smoked salmon is dear to my heat - love that stuff! Very nicely done all the way around, Jeanie! :clap2:

Greg, between work, music and two growing boys, I doubt that you have time for much else! You're a busy guy in a good way... :-D
If you ever do find time to can..keep me posted please! Thank you! :thumb:

Wow!! Truly amazing!!. Smoked Salmon Lasagna looks fantastic.

Thanks Pork Butt! That salmon lasagna is addicting. I love the stuff. :becky:

Damn, that is beautiful.
Thank you rehless!! :-D

Outstanding Love your Salmon and you can post as many pics as you want
Is that farm raised salmon raised on your farm
I wish George! lol Thank you! :-D

Always amazing Jeanie, I know you have your blog but you could easily pull off a book. The Lasagna is making my tummy growl.
Very kind of you Kevin. Thanks! :-D
Still chuckling over your "dog house" photo. lol

I just absolutely love all that you post.Truly a gift to the smoking and culinary world.

Checkrd past, you're very kind... thank you! :hug:

I'm a big fan of smoked salmon and really like everything about this post. Outstanding work Jeanie.

Thank you Bill! It's nice to have the jars on hand for quick meals. :-D

I don't think I like you anymore...

<don't be jealous> <don't be jealous> <don't be jealous>

:laugh: Terry!

Way fine! So many possibilities with that.
Thanks so much Blue! :-D

Looks great, you're killing me with the photos. :thumb: I've had a note and a couple of your photos on the recipe page for my canned salmon for quite a while and keep forgetting to smoke & can some. My dry cure is similar to your recipe, I do put my fillets flesh down when I wrap, but I do need to try slicing to the skin, it makes perfect sense especially when cubing the meat for canning anyway. Like you I use either jalapenos or green onion in each jar, and a tick of oil, a little water and some seasoning.

I generally can 6# of salmon at a time, which is about 14 of the 1/2 pint jars and I'm down to about 5 jars. Maybe I'll put a reminder note on the jars themselves so I won't forget to try this next time.

Thanks thirdeye! The smoke really adds a lot of flavor to the dishes I make with the canned salmon. Hope you give it a try sometime! :thumb:

Awesome!!!!

Thanks Adams! :-D

Mighty fine Jeanie.

Thank you Marty! :-D

Outa bounds Neighbor! Truly amazing and inspiring. That's it! I'm going to give your canned salmon a try with my All American. It's tired of just doing pork. :becky:

Outa bounds Neighbor! Truly amazing and inspiring. That's it! I'm going to give your canned salmon a try with my All American. It's tired of just doing pork. :becky:

Thanks Neighbor! Your All American is beautiful! I wish I had one. :becky:

Jeanie, I love you. You know that, right? Remember that, because i gotta tell you that I'm disappointed in this thread. I always open your posts expecting to find some good pictures of good food, cooked perfectly. Not this time, however.

Yes, the pictures are really good. It looks like your cooking was flawless, but the food overall really bitherred me.

See, it's almost 1 A.M. I just checked into the hospital yesterday afternoon. I had hospital food for supper 7 hours ago, and will be eating hospital food for 2-3 weeks. I open up your post and laid my eyes upon all that you posted and my stomach yelled at my mouth for not giving it anything nearly as awesome as your food. My mouth is mad at my eyes for showing it what you have been eating, while I've been eating junk (Of course, everything is junk compared to your food). Also, my mouth watered so much, I thought I was going to short out my hospital bed. SEE?!?! See what you did to me? My body is rebelling, I'm trying not to sin by coveting your food, your smokehouse, your talent, etc.

Now, you have me so worked up, I doubt I can sleep. Sheesh, Jeanie.

Ok, it's true I love you, but truth be told, I love the post, too. I remain in awe of you. Maybe I should take a cue from our friend, Marty, (May He rest in peace) and ask you to adopt me. :) God bless you, my friend

OK, now I'm curious what is an All American? Sorry Jeanie not trying to hijack your post.

That is Fan-flipping-fark-tastic! May I also please have a little guidance on your smoked salmon lasagna recipe? That is just over the top gorgeous! DANG I'm glad that you hang out here!

Jeanie, I love you. You know that, right? Remember that, because i gotta tell you that I'm disappointed in this thread. I always open your posts expecting to find some good pictures of good food, cooked perfectly. Not this time, however.

Yes, the pictures are really good. It looks like your cooking was flawless, but the food overall really bitherred me.

See, it's almost 1 A.M. I just checked into the hospital yesterday afternoon. I had hospital food for supper 7 hours ago, and will be eating hospital food for 2-3 weeks. I open up your post and laid my eyes upon all that you posted and my stomach yelled at my mouth for not giving it anything nearly as awesome as your food. My mouth is mad at my eyes for showing it what you have been eating, while I've been eating junk (Of course, everything is junk compared to your food). Also, my mouth watered so much, I thought I was going to short out my hospital bed. SEE?!?! See what you did to me? My body is rebelling, I'm trying not to sin by coveting your food, your smokehouse, your talent, etc.

Now, you have me so worked up, I doubt I can sleep. Sheesh, Jeanie.

Ok, it's true I love you, but truth be told, I love the post, too. I remain in awe of you. Maybe I should take a cue from our friend, Marty, (May He rest in peace) and ask you to adopt me. :) God bless you, my friend

Love ya too Dan! So sorry to hear you're in the hospital!! I hope this is for a quick visit and nothing serious! I'm sure our friend Marty is keeping the smoke rolling in Heaven. :thumb:
Really hope you're feeling better soon Dan... :hug:

Another Jeanie thread showing your one of your many talents! :clap2:
Looks magnificent as usual! Wish I was your neighbor who's in needs a jar or two of your grub!!
Thanks so much Gary! :-D

Wow, everything looks delicious. You even made deviled eggs look amazing!

Thank you Bowhunta! I love deviled eggs..the smoked salmon kicks up the flavor a bit for me. :-D

OK, now I'm curious what is an All American? Sorry Jeanie not trying to hijack your post.

No problem Bill! An All American is a pressure canner. They are pretty nice! :thumb:

That is Fan-flipping-fark-tastic! May I also please have a little guidance on your smoked salmon lasagna recipe? That is just over the top gorgeous! DANG I'm glad that you hang out here!

Thanks Chris! :-D
The lasagna is really easy. I make a basic white sauce with sauteed scallions and garlic added...here's a link to a pic of how I do it..
I used grilled salmon in the link instead of the smoked. I also use regular ole cooked noodles on this batch instead of non bake. I just use what I have on hand. lol

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2012/08/grilled-salmon-lasagna.html

Thanks again Chris! :-D

Back