Great video! I'm watching carefully & picking up tips for when mine arrives. How difficult do you think it will be to move across your grass lawn? Do you think that you'll be able to do it by yourself?

Last edited:
Looks great! .a little north of Minneapolis?...I'm gonna guess Fridley, or coon Rapids?

I'm gonna suggest using a couple oven therms to learn your hot spots during seasoning.

Do you already have your first cook planned?

I like the smooth colapsable front shelf. 8" casters was also an excellent choice.

I hope to season her today or tomorrow if I can get home and the rain stops. Oven therms is a great idea! Hopefully get a cook on next week, but this whole week I'm slammed with work so might be next weekend :/

The new offsets are much lighter than the older pipe models. How difficult was it to move your offset out of the garage? Did you need help?

Smooth as butter on the garage floor, super easy to roll. Haven't tried the grass yet. This heavy rain will provide a great test.

Biscuits are a cheap way to gauge where you might have a hot spot. Did anybody else gasp when the cooker looked like it ws about to fall off the lift gate? I've had a couple delivered and that always gets me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Biscuits are a cheap way to gauge where you might have a hot spot. Did anybody else gasp when the cooker looked like it ws about to fall off the lift gate? I've had a couple delivered and that always gets me.

The first time I saw that happen at my warehouse job I almost fell over :)

Great video! I'm watching carefully & picking up tips for when mine arrives. How difficult do you think it will be to move across your grass lawn? Do you think that you'll be able to do it by yourself?

I hope to test that very thing later this afternoon when I get home!

Had a grill delivered on Thursday was standing right by the lift gate, got me good. :shock:

I totally thought that thing was going right off the end of the gate, PJ!

Great vid, AKMINAK! I welcome both you and it to what we like to call God's Country.

Couldn't help but notice your poor WSM in the background, seemingly peeking out from under its cover. Made me think of the '80s song from Moving Pictures.

"What about me? It isn't fair. I've had enough now I want my share..."

I totally thought that thing was going right off the end of the gate, PJ!

Great vid, AKMINAK! I welcome both you and it to what we like to call God's Country.

Couldn't help but notice your poor WSM in the background, seemingly peeking out from under its cover. Made me think of the '80s song from Moving Pictures.

"What about me? It isn't fair. I've had enough now I want my share..."

Funny thing is I bought that used two weeks ago while waiting on my new baby to show up. Haven't fired that one up either!!

Thank you for the welcome.

Sweet smoker, keep in mind if rolling over grass put down plywood just in case you hit a soft spot cause that beast will be a bear getting it moving again especially by yourself.

Zero chance it will roll on grass. I have 8" castors on mine and still have to lay down plywood. Unless it has golf cart wheels or something,, its not going in the grass without plywood.

Just to be rebellious ;) in today's video I test the new pit's grass capabilities with nothing but the 8" factory upgrade casters - no plywood or other aid.

The test comes on soft soil after four days of rain here. The results are definitive and somewhat humorous (I hope you think so, at least). Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/TEYbhiqRQXc

It took 13 minutes to show that the wheels actually work? Hahahaha

Larry

Back