Sorry everyone, threw this post up quick and all I had at the time was a pic of the crate. Didn't think you'd care to see that :) Some pics here, and yes, two videos currently in the works. Will get them up as soon as I can, but helping someone move tomorrow so don't hold your breath.....will do my best. Got a busy week coming up so I may not even get to season her for a few days :sad:

Last edited:
Got a busy week coming up so I may not even get to season her for a few days :sad:

image_update_2821697655001_3777461533001_brightcove.jpg

That’s a fine looking offset! Did you upgrade to the 8” wheels? Looks like you added the pull handle. Did you add any other options?

That’s a fine looking offset! Did you upgrade to the 8” wheels? Looks like you added the pull handle. Did you add any other options?

I went pretty light on the options. Pull handle and large casters, as you noticed, plus probe port and ATC port. I got the ball valve and 1/2" fire grate too. I passed on the ash tray since I have a welder buddy.

First video is going to take 32 more min to export to an MP4 file. I'm going to bed. No idea if I'll be able to get it on YouTube Saturday AM before I leave to help my buddy move, but will try to get it up Saturday evening if nothing else.

Thanks for all the congrats! Exciting day!

Very nice
I'm thinking I need one of those too

The first video is uploading to YouTube and processing. If things work like they should, this link should be viewable no later than 9:30 AM Central, but I have to leave now to help a buddy move and am relying on my wife to hit the publish button :)

https://youtu.be/guWUE5kzjqI

Congrats. Very happy for you.

Looking out the window, I would say I would much rather be smoking in the rain than helping someone move.

Looks great! .a little north of Minneapolis?...I'm gonna guess Fridley, or coon Rapids?

I'm gonna suggest using a couple oven therms to learn your hot spots during seasoning.

Do you already have your first cook planned?

I like the smooth colapsable front shelf. 8" casters was also an excellent choice.

Back