Blackstone appreciation thread*** pizza ovens griddles and more*** tips tricks and pics

I'll show my appreciation!

Leftover this:
20150923_175017_zps5pbs7e4o.jpg

Turned to this:
20150925_130031_zps400p2bf2.jpg

And this (ignore the stylish footware):
20150925_130757_zpsjimnnab8.jpg

And this:
20150925_131308_zpsxomtdev0.jpg

On another note, that Pizza oven topper is :thumb::thumb:. Is that an add on/accessory that I can get for my 36" griddle, or is that an entirely separate unit?

I'll show my appreciation!

Leftover this:
20150923_175017_zps5pbs7e4o.jpg

Turned to this:
20150925_130031_zps400p2bf2.jpg

And this (ignore the stylish footware):
20150925_130757_zpsjimnnab8.jpg

And this:
20150925_131308_zpsxomtdev0.jpg

On another note, that Pizza oven topper is :thumb::thumb:. Is that an add on/accessory that I can get for my 36" griddle, or is that an entirely separate unit?

Great looking food... i love me a grilled sub.

The blackstone pizza oven is a standalone unit. It uses propane to cook insanely good pizzas insanely fast. Moose posted some nice pics on the first page of the thread and did a full review here:

http://mooseonfire.com/home/2015/1/4/product-review-the-blackstone-pizza-oven

Just browsing through...can't wait for my griddle to arrive. First cook after seasoning will likely be a big breakfast cook. Green chile cheese burgers after that. Looking forward to doing something like Cowgirl's pizza cook on it.

Where could I get a shelf like what is hanging on back of this blackstone?

+1 on the oven. It produces excellent pizza. I got a deal but now that I know how well it works, I would probably pay the list price to replace it.

Its warming up fellas. Time to break out the blackstones.....

.......if you ever put them up that is.

damn. i recently came into some money and i was thinking about getting one of these, and now i definitely want one, especially after seeing the pizzas.

i have a table top electric griddle, but i'm sure this would be a lot better, right? better cooking surface with more even heating? i'm pretty sure i'd go with the 4 burner 36" version. I don't do burgers too often, so i'd probably use these most for breakfast, I LOVE cooking pancakes and french toast, and also breakfast sandwiches and home fries. I was having a hard time justifying the purchase for just that, but I figure I can also use this to keep my meat warm when I have big cookouts, I can just put the pans of meat on the blackstone set on the lowest setting so I'm not serving luke warm meat.

another issue I have is that I live in upstate NY, and we can get some pretty harsh winters. I'm good about keeping my stuff covered, so If it's covered will it still hold up good after a long winter?

Kyle i really want one of those pizza ovens even though ive never cooked a pizza before. I do have the griddle. I left it all winter covered and it came out fine. Didn't use it much in the winter. Ive since moved and its parked in my 3 season porch.

As you mentioned breakfast and burgers are great uses but don't forget it can be used for stir fry in place of a wok and for grilled subs. Cheesesteaks are just the surface. bbq meat chopped and griddled on a toasted bun is one of my favorite uses of leftover bbq.

Edit- they are sooo much bigger and better than a counter top electric griddle.

Kyle i really want one of those pizza ovens even though ive never cooked a pizza before. I do have the griddle. I left it all winter covered and it came out fine. Didn't use it much in the winter. Ive since moved and its parked in my 3 season porch.

As you mentioned breakfast and burgers are great uses but don't forget it can be used for stir fry in place of a wok and for grilled subs. Cheesesteaks are just the surface. bbq meat chopped and griddled on a toasted bun is one of my favorite uses of leftover bbq.

Edit- they are sooo much bigger and better than a counter top electric griddle.

awesome. i'm not sure that I'll grab one this weekend but maybe the one after. I'm pretty sure I saw one at a local Lowes or Home Depot, i'll see if i can find some coupons or something

Back