Moving to fast

Stlsportster, thanks, but i did not know about that thread, plus, when i started my journey, i was on my own, not here, as i said, expensive lesson learned, p.s. i'd never ever do electric tho, ewwwwww

Adding split every 15 min. Another false statement

He's probably referring to a graph I posted demonstrating temp swings, and of course has extrapolated from one piece of "evidence" a blanket position about all stick burners under all scenarios. :blah: SSDD

attachment.php

readers can judge for themselves. this is the data you posted. if you had something showing 30 minute intervals you would have posted it.

the claims and the facts diverge- and we wonder why people get frustrated burning sticks.

You troll and drive by poo fling so much here, I don't know why it's still allowed. That chart I posted was in response to some "you can't run a stick burner in a tight temperature range" comment you made, I chose that chart because I did happen to be running smaller splits that day and it proved you can tightly manage a fire. I throw in bigger splits when I want more time in between or a hotter fire. Oh, and it was cold out.

But yeah, drums, charcoal, da best, rah rah. :eusa_clap

Lol at versatility.

I guess rockinarse klose was "cheap junk" since he is buying TWO new stick burners

One is a small patio stick burner, one is a reverse flow trailer, the other is a direct flow trailer. Since you can’t tell the difference.

I believe he has implied one is a stand in until he figure out what he likes.

He's probably referring to a graph I posted demonstrating temp swings, and of course has extrapolated from one piece of "evidence" a blanket position about all stick burners under all scenarios. :blah: SSDD

Oh you mean like how it has been proven that a 20 lbs bag of charcoal is enough for 40 rib cooks or how no kamodo owners cook raised direct or how brisket is scientifically impossible to cook properly with braising..........:blah::blah:

Oh you mean like how it has been proven that a 20 lbs bag of charcoal is enough for 40 rib cooks or how no kamodo owners cook raised direct or how brisket is scientifically impossible to cook properly with braising..........:blah::blah:

lmao .so much porkshoulder-hurt

If I had a reasonably priced, dependable source of fuel wood I would totally jump into a stickburner that I would use a dozen times a year, just because... but I would still keep my other cookers... except for the UDS rusting behind the shop.

If I had a reasonably priced, dependable source of fuel wood I would totally jump into a stickburner that I would use a dozen times a year, just because... but I would still keep my other cookers... except for the UDS rusting behind the shop.

Rusting drum?

Makes sense. Drum cookers are ok and all but I can think of nothing they are the best at.

Not as efficient as a kamodo, not as good a grill as a kettle, less capacity than a stick burner and harder to run than a pellet cooker.

lighter than a kamado or stick burner so easier to transport
more capacity than a kettle or many side offsets under $1000
maintains temp better than a pellet cooker when using a controller, and just as easy to run, and you dont have to have electricity to run it if not using the controller
far more efficient than a stick burner

I think they are best at being dirt cheap and still proven to be quite capable at winning competitions all over the country :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yea because bbq competitions are all about being cheap.....

....do you even compete bro?.......even walk around a comp or did you see one on tv

bbq competitions are about winning and uds' win. a lot.

sorry to burst your bubble

edit: any cooker can win since its the cook and not the cooker. its just that the uds is dirt cheap so it lowers one barrier to entry

I started smoking on a WSM18. I loved it and my food got better and better. I still own it but don’t use it. Stepped up to a Stumps for over 3 grand. I love it and my food is getting better and better. I’ve got a Moberg stick burner on order. When all is said and done it’ll be well over 3 grand. I’m keeping the Stumps and the WSM. Why? Because I love smoking. I love my cookers. They all cook great, just handle certain things and quantities better than the other. I expect my food to get even better by the time the Moberg is here because the more you cook, the better you get. It has less to do with the cooker, and more about the experience of the cook. I got a stick burner because I love playing with fire and want to keep the tradition of stick burning going. I’ve got the Stumps and WSM for when I can’t tend a fire. So to sum up my long winded and half coherent post, do what you love and if you have the means, buy what you love. Life is too short to not enjoy what you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different strokes for different folks. I had an 18" WSM for 6 years before I added a Humphrey's and then a used Shirley. Personally, I love them all. I still use the WSM on occasion, the Humphrey's works great overnight or when it is 0 degrees and the Shirley is just plain fun to cook. I have always loved playing with fire. Whatever works for you, puts out good 'Q and makes you happy in fine. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Now pellet pooper or KBB...that is a different story. :p

For my own part, I love being a member of the Brethren. Before I joined this fine site, I had never seen a stick burner in action in the hands of a True Pitmaster. Thanks to the Bashes Luzziann and I have attended I've been fortunate to see several in action and the way they are handled by someone that knows their pit. Silverfinger, Hotch, pjtex, Ag76 & STLSportster among others are true Pitmasters. It's like watching a work of art created right before your eyes. It's always been in a relaxed setting and these folks know what they are doing because they know their pits.

I've also witnessed and tasted great food from UDS's homemade and professionally built.

Man! It All Rocks! I think it amounts to how much time do you have to devote to tending the fire. The Pitmasters have it down to a science.

Just my .02.

Back