Noob checking in.

ss4825

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a noob here. I'm from Point Harbor NC. I currently cook on a Weber kettle and have for years but I'm wanting to up my game so I can smoke pastrami. I'm just a recreational smoker but I'm thinking about stepping up to a pellet smoker for the convenience. Judging from most of the info I have gathered here a Yoder smoker seems to be the favorite. Anyone here have suggestions and does anyone here have any tips for smoking pastrami?

Last edited:
Welcome from SC, Noob. It’s good to have you on this great site. There are a lot of fine folks who always enjoy sharing their ideas, recipes and tips. So ask away and keep reading.
Good luck and goodsmoking, Joe

Welcome to the Brethren! From a MAK guy... I have a hunch you’re gonna fall in love with pellet cooking :)

I have to throw my 2 cents in. Check out Grilla pellet grills. I love mine and customer service is outstanding.

Welcome Noob ! If you want to up your meat burning game, this is the place. I have definitely improved mine in nearly every respect

Welcome, Noob. This is definitely the place to be to learn new cooking tips and tricks. As mentioned, we have all upped our cooking game. Now, up yours!! (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Uh-oh. Another one has the fever. A second smoker now, but just wait! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your pellet cooker search.

Lots of people do pastrami on the Kettle Check out thirdeye's blog He has a great pastrami tutorial They come out great

Back