View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
Anyone ever have this happen. I had the smoker set up with 3 pork steaks, two sweet potatoes, and a small pot of baked beans. I had it set on low smoke, then turned it up 250, went it to wait for it to come up to temp, all of a sudden there was a loud bang, and my wife who was at the door saw the lid fly open and then saw it slam shut. I checked it out and it seamed ok, so I continued to cook even up the temp to 350. Anyway what in the heck could have cause it to do that?
Dave
Yes indeed. My problem may have been a bit different. I accidentally switched it off and then back on again and the computer got screwed up and started to feed pellets non stop. I started to notice flames and then “BANG” the lid blew open and flames were flying! Freaked me out. After I got the fire out I broke the grill down and the fire box was overflowing with pellets. I never had this problem ever again, but never had any issues changing temps.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->