Starting research, will be speaking to PA Department of Ag

JimmyR1Rider

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So, I'm looking to eventually be able to sell some que at some spots around town. I have 2 dogs so getting my kitchen in the house certified would be impossible but it dawned on me that I could frame out a prep kitchen in my steel building I'm putting up because the dogs will be able to be kept out completely.

I know I'll need the 3 sink station, and separation of mops and such from any food items among other things.

I was going to see about asking some local joints about renting their kitchen but if I can I think this would work out great.

I'm just starting to look into this but I'm excited about finding out if it's possible and getting it done if it is.

Any others in PA some pointers would be great.

Are you on a septic system? If you are you may need to look at a grease trap. At least talk to your septic guy before you get too far.

So, I'm looking to eventually be able to sell some que at some spots around town. I have 2 dogs so getting my kitchen in the house certified would be impossible but it dawned on me that I could frame out a prep kitchen in my steel building I'm putting up because the dogs will be able to be kept out completely.

I know I'll need the 3 sink station, and separation of mops and such from any food items among other things.

I was going to see about asking some local joints about renting their kitchen but if I can I think this would work out great.

I'm just starting to look into this but I'm excited about finding out if it's possible and getting it done if it is.

Any others in PA some pointers would be great.

I think your on the right track. You also might need to talk to the local health dept also.
That way you should find out exactly what you need to start up.

I think your on the right track. You also might need to talk to the local health dept also.
That way you should find out exactly what you need to start up.

Thanks. Stroudsburg health dept doesn't cover my area, I'm outside of the Boro even though I'm in east stroudsburg. I fall strictly into the towns zoning.

Still going to go down to their office because I may want to set up sometimes in that area and maybe find out if there's a neighboring health dept so I have a lot of talking to's left to do.

I'll have to take it as it goes but I will be on the level when it happens.

Back