Arthur Bryant's / KC Championship BBQ Rub seasoning

OP

Reaction score
I am leaving Kansas this year for Europe. Would anyone have any guess/idea as to what is in my two favorite rubs (picture attached):
- Arthur Bryant's Rub
- Kansas City Championship BBQ Rub, Three Little Pigs
The labels disclose only the obvious basic ingredients (salt, onion, garlic, paprika), but then it just says "spices" :/ I would love to make some similar rub myself.

Thank you.

20190116_191339.jpg

I haven't been to AB's so i can't confirm if this copycat recipe is close to the mark: https://axokuaci.wordpress.com/2012/09/01/arthur-bryants-meat-rib-rub-copycat/

Being in Australia I've had to find a third-party shipping agent (shipito.com) to send me stuff I've ordered as shipping from retailers in the US can be quite expensive, i.e. I'd rather pay $50 shipping and wait a couple of weeks for delivery than pay $100+ for delivery in a week, which is usually the only option. You may need to do the same in Europe.

Where in Europe are you moving to? A lot of US rubs are now available over here so with some luck you could find them.

I am leaving Kansas this year for Europe. Would anyone have any guess/idea as to what is in my two favorite rubs (picture attached):
- Arthur Bryant's Rub
- Kansas City Championship BBQ Rub, Three Little Pigs
The labels disclose only the obvious basic ingredients (salt, onion, garlic, paprika), but then it just says "spices" :/ I would love to make some similar rub myself.

Thank you.

View attachment 167347

Hi How was the Arthur Bryant's rub? Did you try his sauce? I saw AB's on a TV program, looked great on his ribs.
Thanks DanB

I love AB's rub, a combination of his rub and head country are my go too for beef and pork. Ive even have been to thr original restraunt numerous times. With that said, i dont really care for the sauce.

I love some Arthur Bryant's sliced pork sandwiches. MMMMMMMM. Might have to go there for lunch today. Their original sauce isn't my favorite, but I love their Rich and Spicy sauce. I need to try their rub, can't believe I haven't used that one yet at home

AB's

I love AB's rub, a combination of his rub and head country are my go too for beef and pork. Ive even have been to thr original restraunt numerous times. With that said, i dont really care for the sauce.

Hi So AB's rub would be good for pork ribs.
Thanks DanB

Back