fatty stuffing ideas?

seattlepitboss

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am new to the sausage log "fatty" world. I made up several last weekend for my metalworking club meeting. I sliced them hot and served them on hamburger buns with a spoonful of coleslaw to make sliders. They went fast!

Anyway, after reading the fatty piston thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64365) I got to thinking. Other than "anything you can think of" what's your favorite fatty stuffing recipe?

Let's get the ball going on this one - who'll go first?

seattlepitboss

diced onion, diced jalapeno, grated sharp cheddar or pepperjack cheese; or,
anything you can think of...

I'm partial to roasted red bell peppers, onion, garlic, chopped chipotles in adobo, smoked string cheese.

My brother made one at "A Pretty Good BBQ" that was stuffed with corned beef hash. That was pretty good too.

Whatever you try, wrap it in a bacon weave. Nothing says "elegant" like a bacon weave.

Then again, you can stuff it with wahtever you want.

Apples & monterey jack

Sauteed mushrooms, onions, & jack

Shrimp, bacon, jalapeno, & cheddar

I'm hungry for some fatties now. :wink:

Roasted...red peppers/onions/pablanos/garlic, fresh basil and smoked provolone.

1/2 Jimmie Dean, 1/2 gr. pork, Savory Herb Stove Top stuffing, a few slices of deli turkey and some wholeberry cranberry sauce. Google cranberry bbq sauce to put on it and you have Thanksgiving in a roll.

Onions, brussel sprouts,bacon salt,red pepper flakes...or
creamed spinach and mushrooms...or
apples, cranberries and raisins...
jon

Out of all the fatties I've done I keep coming back to this one. JD sausage, sprinkle a little rub add onion and chive cream cheese (reg works to), pineapple slices, jalopenoes, green chilies and a bit of pepper wrap it up in bacon. Maple bacon adds a distinct taste to the combo if ya wanna change it up a little. I can never make enough of it people love it and are always wanting the recipie.

While back I stuffed some with refried beans and other veggies, turned out great.

Chipotle Chedder Cheese, Rosted Red Peppers, Wild Grain Rice, Craisans & rubbed with John Henry's Pecan Rub!

Oh...and in a couple of fatties, Crushed French Fried Onions...mmmm crunchy!

Attachments

• FATTIES.jpg
    FATTIES.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 590
I like a nice italian gardinare(chopped picked peppers) spread mixed with any cheese

I made one a few weeks back that was filled with roasted Jalepenos, and cream cheese.

^^^What he said...with Yardbird inside and out... BUT NEVER make ONLY one!
Or...Mushrooms & Swiss....
Or...Blueberry pancakes & Syrup wrapped in JD Maple.

I want to try this one:

Take an empty balloon, the long ones they make animals out of.
Fill it with pancake batter, not too much, and freeze until slightly stiff.
Cut to length, remove balloon. Wrap with sausage.
Maybe let it rest on the counter for awhile.
Smoke per usual.
Slice, splash of maple syrup.

Voila! Blankey in a piglet! :-o

:!:legal disclaimer: I don't know if this would actually work. Someone else try it first...

1/2 Jimmie Dean, 1/2 gr. pork, Savory Herb Stove Top stuffing, a few slices of deli turkey and some wholeberry cranberry sauce. Google cranberry bbq sauce to put on it and you have Thanksgiving in a roll.
Got to try this one, Thanks Skidder.

Top favorites with JD sausage:

1. Pepperjack cheese all by itself
2. Nuttin -- just a meat log
3. Sauteed onions, bell peppers and mushrooms

Favorite meat mixes:

1. 50/50 JD and venison
2. 50/50 JD and goat

Back