Best Smoking Method for Weber Summit Charcoal Grill

AlanK

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just bought a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and a Slow n Sear. Is it better to use the baffle plate that comes with the WSCG or the SnS to smoke?
Thanks,
Alan

I don't think you need the SNS with a WSCG...it's a kamado cooker so you can just use the baffle. Look for Justin's video on youtube (aka Baby Back Maniac), he'll show you how he uses his.

Baffle plate, unless your just doing a couple of chickens, then the Weber baskets work great.

I gave the Weber baskets away and just use the SnS or the Weber Diffuser Plate depending on what I am cooking. Using the WSCG, if I added it up, I probably Reverse Sear about 70% of the time, Direct Grill about 20% of the time, and truly smoke about 10% of the time. Most of the time when I am truly smoking, I do a bunch, so I use my cabinet for that. If I am going to reverse sear anything, I use the SnS (burgers, steaks, sausages, chicken).

I was going to buy it, but not sure yet. Grill is amazing but the price is just not in line of what else you can buy.
Is it that much better than the joe for the money , which one would you recommend out of the two?
Also, does it have a port for a bbq guru fan?

The Weber Summit does have a port for a Guru. Which Joe are you referring to? It's expensive but most everyone who owns one seems to really like it.

I have the Weber summit charcoal grill center and love it. I to thought about getting a slow and sear but figured it couldn’t be much better than just using the diffuser plate. I saved the money and have been very happy just using the diffuser. It will run a LONG time if you put the charcoal grate as low as it will go and fill the the bottom with charcoal. I’ve smoked 6 butts for 16hrs and it was still about half full of unlit charcoal. And as mentioned, yes it has a hole for the guru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back