• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, folks!

I went freezer diving and discovered a jewel that I'd forgotten.... a rack of SRF spares... so I decided to hit it on a half 'n half format with John Henry Pecan & Apple Chipotle rubs.

je7xu2jh.jpg

5GQl2aXh.jpg

I also discovered a huge 2lb Owens Hot Sausage Chub, so I broke out some North of the Border San Miguel rub, and got that thing ready for the sauna.

jcNZWdLh.jpg

The kids played nicely in the pool.

D7r6MFrh.jpg

wyElRpBh.jpg

About 2 hours in, I decided that I liked the color on the ribs... have no apple juice... so I stole a squeezy-pack of my munchkin's apple sauce to join the ribs in the wrap.

9mOK203h.jpg

Hrmph... we're having a bumper crop of mint this summer, and I should really do something about/with it.... How about a Mint Julep! Yeah, it's not Derby Weekend... but that's still a mean beverage.

Pxp6W6Vh.jpg

From meats to seasoning to cook.

Excellent!!!

I like your shenanigans. Hopefully more shenanigans at the SW bash. I should confirm Monday. I'm most likely attending. :thumb:

I like your shenanigans. Hopefully more shenanigans at the SW bash. I should confirm Monday. I'm most likely attending. :thumb:

:shock: God Bless... with the change in schedule, I've gotta re-engage with my 8 Bosses... and see what I can work out. That weekend could be epic, now that it's more than just me and Carl or me and Allen (and his better half)...

Titch... it's still a little strange to be on "this side" of the Int'l Date Line from you... Best regards, and many thanks. These bones were outstanding.

Calabacitas:

MzRSwyQh.jpg

Ribs sliced before service:

2Dm9R0yh.jpg

Plated Shot:

mFLoBV4h.jpg

I really should've doubled the veg - we destroyed the calabacitas.. and all 2.5 wanted seconds.

Wow. It's been a while since we've had heritage breed pork - It's simply amazing.

Nice bones....I had some Berkshire spares recently and they do pack quite a flavor punch compared to commodity pork.

What happened to heritage breeds of pork throughout the years!?

When did quantity > quality!? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!?

I would gladly reduce my rib cooks per month if I could guarantee quality like this...

I'm sorry... this wasn't supposed to turn into that kind of post...

Back