Just felt like burning wood

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We threw a birthday party for my 3 year old today but it was some Chinese food and a heavy dosage of pho. After the clean up, I just felt like burning some splits. Trying to do the no-grate thing and run my fire directly on my 1/4” ash pans.

fddc38e5109ed7629193bf1a923bda95.jpg

a414738bf31207da372bee1a76207774.jpg

I heard things sizzling so the logs are definitely water logged from last week’s rain.

Why aren't your chimney caps InSync, Copacetic.......one of them is twisted the wrong way :mrgreen:

Why aren't your chimney caps InSync, Copacetic.......one of them is twisted the wrong way :mrgreen:

Because I was supposed to be watching my toddlers but was welding while they were glued to Trolls. In my haste I forgot what the hell I was doing and just welded things on.

So did you cook anything or just burn wood because you like the smell?

We’re currently clearing things out before our winter trip so the no leftover rule is in effect. I have nothing in the fridge worth throwing into the smoker. Oddly enough it doesn’t smell as good as when there’s meat cooking.

Interesting smoker. Looks like 2 banderas welded together, or 1 extended. Got any more pics. I ask because I'm looking at building an offset vertical.

Because I was supposed to be watching my toddlers but was welding while they were glued to Trolls. In my haste I forgot what the hell I was doing and just welded things on.

Haha Czar!

I can totally relate to my BBQ and gear getting side tracked because of little ones. As soon as I run to put a split on the fire, the kids start fighting and doing silly stuff.

In any case, I've learned to have them stand behind a gate and now just have them watch me tend to my cookers--life is SO much better now.

Back