Beef Back Ribs on the 14.5 WSM

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Found some Beef Back Ribs at the grocery store for a good price. I think Von's screwed up - all the other BBRs in the case were $5.99/pound.

PICT5209_zpskxohzxpj.jpg

Received a free 4 pound sample of Weber's new charcoal in the mail & was saving it for something special. Decided this cook was it.
With 4 chunks of mesquite, it barely filled the charcoal ring of the 14.5. Had to use 12 briquettes of K-Lump for a MM start.

PICT5210_zpsj0rzkrkc.jpg

Dusted the ribs with a heavy coat of Oakridge BBQ's Black Ops & into the cooker.

PICT5213_zpshj1eq97v.jpg

Cooked at 270* for 3 1/4 hours. Ribs probed tender & had an IT of 202 -208* when pulled. I wrapped them in foil & let them sit for 20 minutes.

PICT5222_zpsfwln2muu.jpg

Time To Eat.

PICT5230_zpsw8uestyn.jpg

The obligatory two bite pic.

PICT5234_zpsajh3jowj.jpg

They sure were good! So rich, wifey & I could only eat one rib each.

Say... that Weber charcoal is some good poo! Had TBS in less than 15 minutes. Lots left over, also.

PICT5243_zpsdt4gbwxh.jpg

Dunno if I would pay $20 for 10 pounds. & knowing Weber.... doubtful it will go on sale.
However, after emptying the charcoal bowl, I was pleasantly surprised to see very little ash compared to KBB.
So I might keep a bag around for occasional use in the WSMs. Or maybe a snake in the kettles.

Tastee lookin vittles.Thanks for sharing.I see you know the rule of the salad,....ALL REAL SALADS MUST CONTAIN RADISHES! :thumb: Those ribs look Killer good.

Now that's a great looking plate!

It all looks good to me, Nice colour on the ribs

Looks good, but they look like short ribs to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks amazing. I've never tried anything beef except brisket. Might have to try some beef on day

Nothing cooks better tasting food than a WSM. Killer looking rib cook there.

Back