Best BBQ trainwreck at a comp...

Back in october, me and the boys were loading up for a comp the night before. Ended up drinking a bit too much. The next morning we jumped in the truck and got on the road. After setting up and meat inspection we started prepping meat. My partner jumps up and says we forgot the sauce. We forgot our chicken sauce and our pork sauce in the meat fridge at my buddy's shop. We decided to wait a bit, go get some sauce from Winn Dixie. Well, we waited until we were about half in the bag. Grabbed a few sauces and started throwing stuff at them. We call it 20 beers deep sauce. Helped us with a 1st in pork, 4th in ribs, 4th in chicken which led to a RGC. If only we could remember how we made it.

Back in october, me and the boys were loading up for a comp the night before. Ended up drinking a bit too much. The next morning we jumped in the truck and got on the road. After setting up and meat inspection we started prepping meat. My partner jumps up and says we forgot the sauce. We forgot our chicken sauce and our pork sauce in the meat fridge at my buddy's shop. We decided to wait a bit, go get some sauce from Winn Dixie. Well, we waited until we were about half in the bag. Grabbed a few sauces and started throwing stuff at them. We call it 20 beers deep sauce. Helped us with a 1st in pork, 4th in ribs, 4th in chicken which led to a RGC. If only we could remember how we made it.

Should have sauced the brisket too?? :icon_blush:

Ended up with 8th in brisket. We don't usually sauce our brisket but it's a possibility after that comp.

Earlier this year in Wendover, NV, we were next to a couple of guys who said they were buddies and they decided to enter their first ever contest. They partied pretty hard early Friday evening. They continued getting drunk well past my 11PM bed time that night. At 2:30AM, I wake up to hear them screaming at each other. I can hear one guy in his camp trailer saying he needed some sleep and the other guy yelling at him to get up because they have stuff to do. Finally the sleeping guy tells the other guy to just leave. Soon, things are all quiet and I get back to sleep.

At about 6:00AM, the guy who had been sleeping comes out of his trailer and opens his ice chest, saying it's time to get things rolling. Only one problem. He says where is all of my meat??? The guy who left took it all with him! I'm gonna bet their not the best of buddies any more. We offered him some meats to cook with but he said forget it. A while later, he said he had some pork butt he cooked Friday night for his wife and other friends. I said heat it up and turn it in. He did and surprisingly did not finish DAL.

Back