• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Woo hoo! Welcome back to the club! I seem to remember suggesting you get one!

Never really planned on leaving but I suppose I'm "officially" back Bob. :boxing:

A bit of a bummer, looks like FedEx postponed the delivery date. Now delivery date reads unavailable but totally understandable since I'm surprised they're working through this mess anyway and managed to deliver a package this AM already.

1. Woohooo! Can’t wait to see what you do with that little thing!
2. Glad you’re OK at this point—stay safe.
3. PBCAT was far from page one for a few days. Scary stuff.

Thanks Kanco!

PBCAT was buried too far out. Resurrection time.:clap2:

Of course not but I had to formulate a reason in my head to buy a new cooker.:-D

Well that makes some sense....although the Hunsaker is still pretty new too...right?

I guess FedEx doesn't have that 'neither sleet, nor snow, nor fire' clause in their mission. Waiting for unboxing and first fire up posts.

I couldn't resist so I pulled the trigger. PBC is awesome and the apple (PBJ) doesn't fall far from the tree. Looks like an awesome little cooker.

Nice! Can't wait to read your review and see some pics of your first cook.....

Oh, and welcome back to the club...:laugh:

Welp, they delivered. :becky: Stay tuned!

hX8SWMEh.jpg

fm8FpAmh.jpg

It's about get real nerdy up in hurrrrr

First some technical and important stuff straight off the PBCo site:

Is the vertical clearance shorter on the PBJ?

No. PBJ measures 27″ tall versus the PBC at 28.75″. But the coal basket sized to the PBJ means the vertical clearance for hanging meat is exactly the same.

What are the dimensions of the PBJ?

The PBJ is 33″ tall and 21.25″ wide. Shipping Dimensions are 16.5″x16.5″x29″ for the PBJ.

How much do the Pit Barrel® Cooker and Pit Barrel® Junior weigh?

The total shipping weight in the box is 48 lbs for the PBJ versus 64 lbs for the PBC.

Now unto the unboxing of the PBJ. I used to think "Unboxing pics or vids? WTF?" Until I got into bbq. :laugh: On a serious note, it's extremely well made, packed and presented. Thumbs up to the PB company!!!!

fm8FpAmh.jpg

YmIfagqh.jpg

p3Zokseh.jpg

hX8SWMEh.jpg

The pecking or the packing order :becky:

IKKkr55h.jpg

QC list and packing slip

G2FuCzth.jpg

Nuts, bolts and washers for the lid handle

bZwhgEch.jpg

Literature and the PB sticker :thumb:

OUU0HXeh.jpg

Lid

oBHVSv0h.jpg

Past the lid

R6iTlzUh.jpg

First box contains tools for the lid handle assembly, handle and 6 hooks

iitkecGh.jpg

Next are the stand and the standard grate

RcYaUMGh.jpg

TGdDC7Ch.jpg

26aGsjLh.jpg

After that are the rubs

wluR8mph.jpg

Hinged grate (Accessory)

NdWlKAEh.jpg

Digging deep

eYXiEcRh.jpg

Ash pan (Accessory)

PAbhmx9h.jpg

Premium cover (Accessory)

grqkgGKh.jpg

Charcoal chimney (Accessory)

lyzNRYMh.jpg

Everything is packed extremely well

XX22jgZh.jpg
:thumb:

Rebars and hook tool

JJuVaXRh.jpg

Charcoal basket

X0YvOJrh.jpg

Fully assembled

jRGB4RVh.jpg

Covered until the inaugural cook

ioGccrkh.jpg

We worldwide now!! :clap2:

8f9P0Kyh.jpg

Last edited:
Now the REAL question;

Where does the PB decal go on the Corvette

a9ELZSwh.jpg

Does she get tramp stamped??

mHvDbOIh.jpg

Or on the driver side of the rear hatch window??

2XW5rYEh.jpg

Shoot!

Sako, great breakdown on the new PBC JR. I think a new thread could be started for this new model. Great job!

I wanna pic of it next to the Hunsaker for scale!

You got it! This weekend.

I really like the PBJ. It's def capable of up to six racks of ribs for reference. I truly think this is the answer to the guys that don't like wasting excess charcoal and cooking for a small family.

Sako, great breakdown on the new PBC JR. I think a new thread could be started for this new model. Great job!

Thanks Richard! I like detailed posts so I'm breaking it down to detail because down the line it helps folks.

Well that makes some sense....although the Hunsaker is still pretty new too...right?

I guess FedEx doesn't have that 'neither sleet, nor snow, nor fire' clause in their mission. Waiting for unboxing and first fire up posts.

Yup! Loves me some Hunsaker but that first drum love is something else. :love:

Looks great Sako! Can’t wait to see your first cook!
Speaking of “saving charcoal”, 1 accessory that I think would be pretty cool would be official PBC magnets to shut ‘er down. Yeah, you can just go to Ace and get the cheap magnets and use foil like most of us, but I think something a bit more substantial and cut to the right size with the logo would be hella cool.. and probably make Noah some money right now (think “stocking stuffer for PBC fanatics”).

I personally don't think we need a new thread. The WSM folks don't have a different thread for the 14,18 and 22. Concepts and advice and accessories will all be the same between models.

Back