The long wait on MAK

That’s crazy! Have you contacted FedEx?

Rob, I did and got little info after being sent to 3 different people. I then talked to Caleb and he said he talked to them and to let him know if I got nothing further by today. Right after talking to Caleb, the last update appeared showing the grill in transit to basically Atlanta. That is still 220 miles from my house. So I am at a loss.

Heath

Last edited:
My MAK took 12 days to get here with several ‘weather’ and ‘emergency’ delays. I think there’s a lot of factors. COVID, weather, logistics, etc. I really suspect FedEx tries to get certain load sizes for freight and holds pallets at centers until enough freight is at a location to move without losing tons of money versus parcels where there are always plenty to get at least mostly full loads heading out to next center, where loads can be split and matched up with other loads heading to next point after that. Freight logistics is an art.

Hope anyone still waiting gets theirs soon.

Just got my 5th exception from FedEx freight. Wonder what the record is. Maybe I should call the Guinness book of world records and see if I am just lucky or they stink. Inquiring minds and the like…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got my delivery scheduled. Next Tuesday morning I should finally be able to enjoy cooking nirvana!

Cross whatever you can for me and maybe a pinch or 2 of salt over your left shoulder…..

Finally got my delivery scheduled. Next Tuesday morning I should finally be able to enjoy cooking nirvana!

Cross whatever you can for me and maybe a pinch or 2 of salt over your left shoulder…..

If it arrives on Tuesday, I am definitely buying a lottery scratcher that day... lol.

Just got my 5th exception from FedEx freight. Wonder what the record is. Maybe I should call the Guinness book of world records and see if I am just lucky or they stink. Inquiring minds and the like…

Mine had 8 exceptions, so I'm going to guess you don't want the record.

Crap. I still have time before Tuesday! Don’t start popping tops just yet.

I am optimistic that mine will deliver tomorrow. Got a buddy coming over Saturday to help put it together and hopefully we will do burn in Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

One day left before delivery. No new exceptions so far. Of course, it hasn’t been scheduled to move yet, so…. Assuming no other issues I should be taking receipt of my 2* between 10:45 and 12:45 et tomorrow morning-ish. Have to go out of town this weekend so I likely won’t have any assembly pics for a couple weeks.

giphy.gif

Woo hoo, the new phone book, I mean MAK grill is here!

Back