Smoked me some oxtails

Wazzufan88

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Todd
Well I stepped way out of my comfort zone the other night and tried Malcom Reed's smoked oxtail recipe. My wife was a bit apprehensive about them but gave them a try. Overall they were pretty damn good and reminded me of beef short ribs. They pulled apart pretty easy. I will definitely make them again.

Attachments

• Oxtails.jpg
    Oxtails.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 398
When I was a kid, oxtails were peasant food, and cheap. Mom made oxtail stew frequently.

Yours take it to another level.

Next time I will probably put a bit more smoke on them before braising. As usual, always fun smoking new things, especially when they turn out pretty good.

Those look Tastee.The ones I have tried to cook/ smoke/ braise never turned out nearly as good as those look.

Oxtails have been on my to-do list for quite some time, and I keep pushing them down the line. - I should fix that sooner than later.

Yours look delicious, Todd.

They look very tasty, great forgotten piece of the Animal

My friend from Indonesia introduced me to oxtail soup with their native spices and I loved it. I’m going to have to try this method on this forgotten piece of meat.

These will be a part of my permanent rotation for sure. The next time I do chili I will be adding these for something a bit different.

Back