View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Chopjaw
On the road to being a farker

Default Ok the stars are gone and I can breath...

So I'm getting ready for a BBQ tomorrow. Last week I went to the butcher to get a perfect butt to Q tomorrow along with a tenderloin and I have some chicken wings for appetizer. I was in the kitchen getting them ready for the rub and sit over night for the burn tomorrow morning. I get a phone call from work and my 10yr old daughter asks me if she can help. So I said yes, I need the chicken wings washed with water. She has seen me do this many, many, many times and has helped with my supervision. I always wash my chicken off with clean water before I rub it and cook. (Yes you prolly guessed right) I get off the phone and go into the kitchen and ask how everything's going. She tells me that cute little voice "Daddy I wanted them to be extra clean for the BBQ tomorrow." She washed the chicken, Loin, butt with soapy water... To be honest I don't know what happened next but I'm sure panic set in along with anger. The wife comes in to see what's the commotion is. Not sure what I said to her (I probably sounded like Darren Mcgavan from "A Christmas Story") but I’m sure it wasn’t good. Not only my daughter angry with me but the wife is not talking. This is prolly a good think cause of how mad I am…. They both left and did not tell me where they went. I'm sure I'll find out once I look at the bills.....

I ran cold water over the meat many times and have not smelled soap on either butt or loin.... I cut about an inch off the end of the loin and cooked it. No soap taste...

So I guess that I'm going to move forward with the Q just because of the money already spent and the fact that I don't smell any soap or taste.

Any thoughts?