Cutting boards

If you want to buy in bulk, don't go retail... just call plastics distributor/service center.

Or if you just want a few smaller cuts, call or order online from an industrial supply co. like mine (MSC) or my competitor McMaster Carr and get for HDPE (Hi density polyethelene) in the raw materials section. It's the exact same material just would not have the little groove around the end that's usually to shallow to catch juices anyway.

If you want to buy in bulk, don't go retail... just call plastics distributor/service center and ask for HDPE (Hi density polyethelene). They can cut to size. It's the exact same material just would not have the little groove around the end that's usually to shallow to catch juices anyway.
i dont care about the groove boy sharp edges is another story. I wonder if i could router them.

I have found the perfect cutting board situation...in my opininon. I found a cutting board that has four remoavable feet in the corners. About 1/2 inch thickish, and it fits very nicely into a 1/4 sheet pan. This combination creates an area where all juices flow off the board and into the sheet pan. Can also be foun din sizes to fit a half sheet pan. Very effective i my book. Will try to find the board for you all. Scott

i dont care about the groove boy sharp edges is another story. I wonder if i could router them.

Definitely can... A lot of our customers who buy the plastics use it for prototype work. I've seen them machined to just about anything including the smallest of components for car parts.

I'd have to actually compare prices to see if buying through industrial supply is better than restaurant supply. The good part is that you can get them custom cut to size and thickness and not just get the one size at the store.

I hate to admit this pamperd chef there the best and i also mill mine down after a while you can get a machine shop to do it for about 20 bucks thay have a small one perfict for cutting 1 onion or things like that

I have to agree. SIL got me the 9X13 size and I can say that its that best one I have ever had. The silicone on the two edges keeps it from sliding all over the place and the little measurement marks come in handy too.

Got the bigger one on my X-mas list for the SIL!!:biggrin:

Back