Which Kettle

Another vote for the 26. I started on a 22 and recently won a 22 but the 26 is King.
Nice. I need to win a grill. Like I said earlier, I was in HD late last summer and they had the red Limited Edition Weber kettle for $99 vs the $199 it had been. The WSM was also marked down, but it was the 18.5. I was actually more interested in the WSM, but winded up getting the Pit barrel. I still remember researching for a week the WSM vs Pit Barrel and the PB seemed to have the edge. I still kick myself for not grabbing that kettle, should have bought them both.

Haha, I forgot you are around this area also. I was talking to Shadow and he lives here also.

There is an Ace in Stone Harbor, of all places for an Ace. On the second floor they have a great BBQ section. All kinds of grills, parts and accessory’s. Not sure about Swains, I have not been in there in years. I stop in the SH store when I have business over there.
There's a Weber Alliance dealer less than half mile from my home. They deal a number of other brands too, mostly gas.

There's an Ace a couple miles away that carries a much larger selection of Weber charcoal grills. I prefer going there.

If you don't have a need for the space of the 26, the 22 Performer is a good choice. The gas assist start has a chimney of coals going in surprisingly little time.

Now that I think of it, I've never seen the 26 in stores, at least not around here. I bought mine off Amazon. It doesn't have as many gadgets as a 22 but I promise you wont be disappointed.

Here's a good way to start, imo.

FB marketplace in Wenonah, NJ

$20

57072585_10216827758959925_5150631283667238912_n.jpg

+1 on the 26 Weber. Destroyed a 22. Bought another on sale and wished I had bought the 26. Only use it for grilling since I have a PBC. But for dogs, burgers and chicken, its hard to beat. Makes a good steak too, but I like mine in a cast iron skillet.

Here's a good way to start, imo.

FB marketplace in Wenonah, NJ

$20

57072585_10216827758959925_5150631283667238912_n.jpg

I love my kettle and may well upgrade or a 26” soon. That said, if you want something to try out for the Summer you could do worse than the advice above to pick up a used 22”. Id still buy the slow and sear as well but it minimizes the initial investment

I ran to Home Depot and Lowes. They only had 22’s. They had a 22” Master Touch though. Lowes had some other stuff. They had a Joe Barrel and some Akorns. I am going over to my Ace on the Island tomorrow. I hate going to that ACE because they have an incredible BBQ department. I always spend some money in there. Hopefully they have a 26.

Ace will order one, or you can buy online

One more vote for Weber 26 and Slow N Sear. Got 'em in last week. I have a 22" as well and I love it which is my most used grill but at times it gets small so I finally pulled the trigger.

Git 'er done RR!

cXHcmYcl.jpg

One more vote for Weber 26 and Slow N Sear. Got 'em in last week. I have a 22" as well and I love it which is my most used grill but at times it gets small so I finally pulled the trigger.

Git 'er done RR!

cXHcmYcl.jpg

Oh wow... you did it!!!!! :)

Couldn't resist it anymore. :becky: I'm excited to fire it up.

The difference in size and just room to spread out is pretty impressive when comparing the 26.75 to a 22. Look forward to seeing you light it up! And the first cook is gonna be?

The difference in size and just room to spread out is pretty impressive when comparing the 26.75 to a 22. Look forward to seeing you light it up! And the first cook is gonna be?

Oh yes! I'm thinking brisket. :clap2:

Allow me to be the contrarian here; I've had all the sizes (minus the RK) and my favorite by a mile is the jumbo joe. I cook for my family of five 3-4 times a week on it.
I have one of the small chimney starters and can cook half a summer on one bag of kingsford. It takes half a bag just to get the 26" going.
I've down low and slow, reverse sear, screaming hot, and everything in between. Best of all, I got the grill for free.

Attachments

• ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 67
Allow me to be the contrarian here; I've had all the sizes (minus the RK) and my favorite by a mile is the jumbo joe. I cook for my family of five 3-4 times a week on it.
I have one of the small chimney starters and can cook half a summer on one bag of kingsford. It takes half a bag just to get the 26" going.
I've down low and slow, reverse sear, screaming hot, and everything in between. Best of all, I got the grill for free.

Cool. Where is that grate from?

I say the Ranch Kettle......

You know...I had a RK once. They're cool to look at, but I didn't like cooking on it. I enjoy cooking on my 26" so much more that I bought two 26's in case I ever need the extra real estate.

My cousin still has an RK. He told me last week he uses his Traeger nearly all the time now.

It has it's place, but I never found myself using it more than 1-2x per year. My cousin is the same way.

Back