Fark it ! We´re screwed over here !

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Yesterday a 300 x 900 feet large warehouse with tens of thousands tons charcoal thats pretty close to my place burned totally down. :eek: :x :cry:

That definately means charcoal prices are going sky high in my area over the summer.

They had a total of 2100 Truckloads stored there since last autumn and were just ready to deliver the big chains.

If only i had a gas grill ! :icon_smil

http://www.nord-west-media.de/index.php?id=2493

feuer_gildehaus02.jpg

feuer_gildehaus09.jpg

DM

That's going to drive our prices higher now too!!!

I am sooooo gonna rush to the stores on monday :twisted:

DM

Wow that is farkin nuts. It maybe cheaper to order it online and have it delivered.

That's o bad. Yes, a quick trip to the store is in order.

Bummer DM. Get your arse to the stores and buy every bit you can find. HURRY DUDE!!!

Bet it smelled good though, while it burned I mean.

Dude, you are soo totally bummin'.

God, that sucks.

I'd be scarfin up all the charcoal I could afford to.

Do you know what brands they had in there DM?

What is the regular price of charcoal over there? It might be cheaper to have it shipped to you if the price goes up too high.

Do you know what brands they had in there DM?

Havent seen that brand before, seems like its been labeld specially for a store chain.

By the way, the label says "easy to light" :roll:

59_feuer_gildehaus15_1.jpg

Prices went up 30 % over the past two years already. Guess they wont let this "chance" for an other increase go by.

DM

Steak ? You could cook a ****load of blue whales on sticks at that place :icon_smil
Stuffed with elefants if you fancy.

DM

That place will be hot for days. Hate to see that happen. I feel for the owners and employees that will be put out by this. Maybe they'll sell any unburned stuff for cheap if you pack it and haul it off. Might be worth it to check in after the fires out..

Are the stores in the NL open on Sunday? Having lived in Germany, I know how great the shopping is on Sunday (not) so I'd be making a run for the border to beat the crowd if it were me.

We may have to organize a charcoal relief drive for DM. What a bummer! Let us know what happens! Anybody got export expertise on shipping charcoal?

HOLY CHIT......

And I only burned 10lbs today....

I think I would try to get what I could as quickly as I could before the gouging takes place....

Looks like they are ready to cook!

0d9ca9a60d.jpg

"When the briquets are mostly covered in grey ash (about 70% covered) that is your cue to start cooking."

Back