26 Hours and counting!!!

TXNewbie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I started the seasoning process on my new Lone Star Grillz PeeWee I just received (see other threads for pics).

I loaded up about 3/4 of a 20lb bag of Weber briquettes and some chunks of Post Oak and Pecan for the initial seasoning yesterday right after lunch.

I kept it at 225 the first 3-4 hours, then due to operator error it spiked to 300 for a short period of time and then back down to 250ish.

I check it first thing this morning and was down to 200. Opened the air vent a bit and it went back up to 250. Where it is now. 27 hours after I initially lit it without a single refill.

Seems to me that is one crazy effect smoker!! I've already figured out the temp variance I believe are due to the fact I didn't pack the briquettes consistently high like Chris recommended and instead have some pockets of space. I also need to learn to stop messing with the ball valve.

I just checked.....29+ hours and still going strong at 250.

Ball valve is only open about 1/4", chimney open all the way.

Still original load of 3/4 bag of Weber briquettes from yesterday.

:thumb: That is impressive.The longest I have held 250f dome temp in my LBGE is 36 hours on 10 pounds of Ozark Oak lump.

OK guys - just went out and checked it.

Still. Going.

We are 42 hours into this.

Yup - it's down to 200 degrees, but we are 42 hours into this with NO automatic temp control and it is still on it's original batch of charcoal and wood!!!

Chris at LSG said this is the most efficient smoker they make. He wasn't kidding.

I'm not all that impressed. If you had meat in there i bet it wouldn't run but maybe 36-38 hours. :heh:

It's the size of the cooker. Not as much metal to heat up and such a small space to keep warm. My little Red Box can run 8 hours on 3 pounds of charcoal but it's way smaller than yours. And there's no way to fit a whole bag of charcoal or spare ribs or a brisket... it's cute though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just got home and checked it.

It was at 200 this morning, so I cracked the ball valve open just a bit before leaving.

It is now at 275 46 hours into this!

Have you checked and/or calibrated your thermometer?:heh:Just wondering.

Well guys - just went out and checked it. It's at 200 degrees just shy of 67 hours into this.

At this point I just shut the ball valve and smoke stack as I need to kill the fire so I can wipe it out and cook on it later today.

I'm sure if I had food in it the time may have not been as along. But DANG....even my PBC empty was never able to achieve this!!!

When Chris at LSG says this is one of the most efficient smokers you can buy, he is absolutely correct.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer was trying to see how long he could go without filling up with gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A good reason to not let your friends borrow your car...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back