Kingsford Charcoal Grill at Sam's

O

Oldbob

I saw these at Sam's Club and just wondered if anyone has any experience with One of these Grills...I am Looking for a Charcoal grill for steaks and Burgers and this One is Big enough for Offset cooking too.Any comments would be appreciated!
With over 830 sq. in. of grilling space, an adjustable charcoal rack for variable cooking temperatures, two convenient utility shelves and enough room for direct or indirect grilling, it's easy to see why the Premier Console Grill has remained a favorite.It is Made By MasterBuilt.It also has a removable ash pan.

Kingsfordgrill.jpg

Bob,

Our Sam's in Ann Arbor had a different model of charcoal grill on the floor recently. (It might have been a Brinkmann, but I'm not 100% sure.) One of the nice features of that grill was that the charcoal could be raised or lowered relative to the food grate with a crank. I think that grill was around $150, so you might want to use that as a benchmark. I would also consider comparing to the Weber kettle grill.

If you do get it, let us know how it works out.

Bob,

Our Sam's in Ann Arbor had a different model of charcoal grill on the floor recently. (It might have been a Brinkmann, but I'm not 100% sure.) One of the nice features of that grill was that the charcoal could be raised or lowered relative to the food grate with a crank. I think that grill was around $150, so you might want to use that as a benchmark. I would also consider comparing to the Weber kettle grill.

If you do get it, let us know how it works out.

Badger...This One has the crank handle on the front to lower and raise the grate too....They sold out of the Brinkmann's here. This one is $219 though.:eek:

Bob,

I saw that one too. I thought it looked nice and pretty well constructed. I love the adjustable fire grate idea. You could bring it up high to sear the meat well and then lower it if you needed to.

I'd go for it...

My wife and I were looking at that grill in KC the other day. I was suprised when she said " that would be a nice one if it had a firebox on it. God i love that woman :)

They have that grill here in Indy too. It seems to be very well constructed and will probably turn out some excellent Q.

Tony

How far are you from Clarksville? or a Bass Pro?? This grill will be on sale for 89.88 for the camping classic, running the end of the month here. Supply will be limited. The good thing is you can add the fire box for about 60.00 and you've got a smoker. I have this grill (last year's model) without the firebox attachment and I love it!
http://www.masterbuilt.com/kingsford/king_barrel.htm

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_91155_350005002_350000000_350005000_350-5-2
Clarksville's camping classic is May 12-20

Portage's camping classic is May 19-28

Back