logo

"Happy Phriday the 13th Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Happy Phriday Phu!

I'm going to pop my brisket cherry tomorrow. Got me all kinds of nervous, but following Bludawgs method, I think I should be sweet.

Kids will be coming home for the weekend.

Instead of the normal ribs or steaks off the smoker, we are doing an early Thanksgiving meal Saturday night. Turkey has been soaking in brine and a ham will also be getting double smoked.

I'm smoking 4 18lb turkeys tomorrow for a church dinner - will be brined witih Patio Daddio's turkey brine here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72774

Also probably going to make a quick batch of breakfast sausage and smoke the fatty while the birds are going.

Might even smoke a can of Spam as I experiment with a traditional Spamburger recipe!

brisket, if the sale is still going on with them at Wally world and maybe a smallish turkey, depends on time and room on the drum.

Happy Phriday Phu, Farkers, and Farkettes! I'm hoping to clear out some more room in the beef freezer for the incoming steer. We have a ton of meaty shanks and neck soup bones to use up, so I'll probably be roasting and simmering all weekend, plus grilling sirloins for a quick meal. If I'm a lucky boy, mama will give me the green light for some liver and onions fried in bacon grease too. Mmm hmmmm!!

picked up 2 choice angus briskets at HEB last night for $1.97/lb. going to put them on as soon as i get home from work tonight. One is for my dad to take to work and one is for a small get together with my girlfriend's family tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to use that John Lewis (La Barbeque) rub recipe for the first time and see how it compares to my usual salt and pepper.

Happy Phriday, Phu!
Looking like Just wings, maybe a turkey breast. We got a constant 20mph winds today.

Will be camping on Saturday, so I made some pulled pork/brisket chili last night to use in a dip (with cream cheese, salsa/peppers, & cheese) that I'll make in the DO. Got the idea Phrom a thread I saw here about a dip called "Sully's Damn Dip" - love this place!

Also some almonds for the trip, and I don't know what I'll be doing Sunday when I get back. Probably making chili with the rest of the brisket (it's a good thing this brisket has a new life after I Pharking murdered it!) and PP.

Phu, crew and all y'all Pharkers have a great weekend! :whoo:

Camping sounds awesome Greg! I'm always up for a camp trip. Hope you all have a great time. :-D

A friend said he's throwing one of his pigs on the fire tomorrow afternoon. I get to sit back with a cold beer and watch. I think I'm going to love doing nothing. :cool: :thumb:

Hope you have a great weekend Phu and the rest of you Brethren!

Back