Birthday Cake BBQ Style

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
As I've dropped a ton of weight (110lbs) over the past year I am not big on sweets anymore. So when my wife asked if i wanted a Birthday cake and I told her no, she was a little taken back and a little upset. Mind you she is 7 months pregnant and I think craving cake. She thought she'd get cake. Well for me I decided to do non-traditional cake. I bought her a piece of Red Velvet cake from Kroger and then smoked myself a Brisket Flat for my cake ;)

@225 low and slow - fat cap down - took about 5 hours to reach 203.

2015-02-10%2021.22.54_zpsxyi6sqyy.jpg

2015-02-10%2023.08.20_zpsnv0ws4uv.jpg

IMG_20150211_012225_zpsw1ixhjp2.jpg

2015-02-11%2007.10.56_zpsfctvizua.jpg

Excellent, Gerry!!!!

Awesome job on the weight loss!
Love your cake, enjoy:clap2:
Happy Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GMDGeek......

Congratulation on your milestone weight loss as well.

Nice job on the weight loss and good looking brisket. Good on you for looking after your wife too. Happy wife happy life.

Why fat cap down ?
Doesend the drizzeling down fat make the meat moist
Congradulations :)

nothing at all wrong with that, nice looking brisket

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on you Stellar weight loss and also the Baby on the way. Looking like 2015 is and is going to be a great year!

Why fat cap down ?
Doesend the drizzeling down fat make the meat moist
Congradulations :)

Was cooking it on the Traeger where the heat comes from below. Even with the heat shield/diffuser if I don't put the cap down I tend to get dried out meat.

Congrats on the weight loss, and the birthday. Nice looking cake. :wink:

Great lookin' birthday brisket! Happy Birthday and congratulations on the weight loss!

Congrats on the weight loss brother.

I'd take a brisket over a cake any day.

Great Idea!! Congrats on the loss also. I also struggle there and have managed to drop 25lbs since Dec..Keep up the good work. And the Briski looks great

Congrats on the weight loss & happy birthday. Would much prefer brisket to cake any day!

I'll take a half pound of that cake any day... Congrats!

Back