Recipe: Cheesey Bacon Ranch Pulls

forrest2906

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
A friend sent me this link....I have to admit, they look kind of tasty.

Recipe: Cheesey Bacon Ranch Pulls

http://bonafideboho.blogspot.com/2011/10/recipe-cheesey-bacon-ranch-pulls.html

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls
1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix

Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust. Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Last edited:
I would only change the choice of bacon bits. Make your own -- it's easy, has fewer chemicals in it, and will taste better. Plus, you can use the melted bacon fat instead of butter -- or in addition to the butter, if you want to test your cardio-vascular fitness.

CD

I have made that.It was OK but not what I expected.

I would only change the choice of bacon bits. Make your own -- it's easy, has fewer chemicals in it, and will taste better. Plus, you can use the melted bacon fat instead of butter -- or in addition to the butter, if you want to test your cardio-vascular fitness.

CD

Definitely! Scrap those bacon bits and chop some Wright's Applewood smoked bacon!

I have found Walmart has round sourdough bread loaves.
I would also add some garlic to give it more of a cheesy garlic bread vibe

Back