View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
huminie
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pulled Pork Calzone - pr0n

I am friends with the owner of a local pizza joint. He is always looking for new things to try and add to his menu. He is on a calzone kick right now and he is attempting to get on the "Man vs. Food" TV show for serving up a 7lb calzone.

Every time he sees a pic of something I have BBQ'd he tells me he wants to try it on a pizza or calzone. So last night we gave it a shot. I brought over a pound of previously cooked calzone, some of my homemade BBQ sauce and some of my pulled pork glaze.

He took it all in the back and made up 2 calzones. He put pulled pork and BBQ sauce in each and in one he added mushrooms and the other he added pre-cooked red onions. He also added a healthy dose of his three cheese blend. On top he used the glaze, some mushrooms/onions and some sharp cheddar.

They came out great! The flavors worked very well! The mushrooms added an earthy taste to the one and the red onion added some sweetness to the other.

Here are a couple pics I took with my cell phone:

Now he wants to talk about me providing him with pulled pork on an ongoing basis. He wants to feature it one night a week as the special, and have it available all the time. He may even make it as a part of the 7lb whopper for the TV show!

Trouble is, I have never charged for my BBQ before. Anyone have any ideas what the going rate for fully cooked pulled pork is by the pound? Maybe there are some guys here who do some catering? I have some rough calculations in my head, but would love to hear what others charge for this sort of thing.