View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #26
srfannella
On the road to being a farker

Hello Gang! Sorry for being so late to the party here but thought I'd maybe give my two cents for what it is worth. The whole "wagyu cooks faster than other briskets" thing is a bit out of context and not always true. As with any brisket some times they can cook a little quicker sometimes a little longer. A wise person gave me a great answer when I asked how long you cook a brisket, he said, "until it's done." I've attended a lot of classes, I've cooked a lot of briskets and I've had the fortune of being right next to some pretty amazing cooks when they are cooking. When attending a class by one of the top pitmasters in the country we were told, "wrap on color, pull on feel." It didn't seem to stop folks from asking for temps (and they were given as guidelines) but that weekend we probably heard that phrase over 100 times.

It is not unheard of to take SRF briskets up to 214 (depending on your cook style etc.). Do you have to cook the gold burnt ends a little longer? Probably so. There is a lot more internal marbling you have to render down so you just want to make sure you're staying on top of them.

With regard to our product being closer to Angus than it is to Wagyu, this is actually not the case. Yes, American Waygu cattle are in fact crossed. SRF cattle are cross of purebred wagyu and traditional cattle breeds such as angus for a 50/50 cross. Our genetics are traceable and we maintain a 100% Wagyu herd for cross breeding purposes. This is what allows us to provide the highest quality, most consistent and winningest brisket in BBQ.

As with any product we sell, if you ever have questions or have a problem please just reach out and let us know. If you're new to cooking it and want tips, suggestions or advice we're but a click or call away and always willing to help. We have a lot of experience on our team, we work with a lot of pitmasters and are always willing to help out with anything you might need.

We hope you'll give it another try and if we can be of any help just let me know!

Happy Smoking!
srfannella is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->