THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only thing I will add...

My favorite PR seasoning doesn't use Herbs de Provence, but it IS very forward on oregano. Different than what most people are used to. Very good.

I use it on all forms of roast beef.

Several great suggestions already.I like a little coffee/ espresso added to Montreal seasoning,add a little thyme and parsley to some softened butter for a slather.I can handle about anything but "rosemary".I cannot stand the stuff,then again I sub parsley for any recipe with cilantro too.

If smoking, I have no idea as I've never smoked a Prime Rib - I'm sure the above recommendations would be spectacular. Otherwise just salt, pepper, and thyme.

i only have 2 choices for Prime rib.

A wet rub made of chopped fresh Garlic and chopped fresh rosemary.. S&P the meat, then rub on the the wet rub on heavy.

or rubdown with **kitchen bouquet/teriyaki, then add on layer of turbinado and Montreal seasoning.

** Ive used kitchen bouquet/teriyaki 50/50 for years and have recently switched to using the head country Marinade.

Back