HELP! Trouble with Lone Star Mini Cab.

JVM59

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just finished a 6 hour cook on my Lone Star Mini. Temps never exceeded 250
degrees. About 3 hours into the cook the upper door became very difficult to open and close. After 6 hours the door would only open about halfway!
The bottom door operates fine. The hinges have been oiled and maintained.
I plan on calling Chris on Monday, but was wondering if anyone else has
experienced any similar issues. Thanks

First cook? Let us know how the door is after it cools down. Sounds like something out of alignment that gets worse when hot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^^what he said. Could also be if you’re ground isn’t level. My cabinet get tough to open when I roll it under an awning because the concrete is angled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Door operates perfect when cool. It was fine today until about 3 hours in. I've had the cooker for almost 2 years with no problems. When I was finished cooking today the door was so tight that it would not even close.

Last edited:
I wonder if you have a leak in the door gasket putting extra heat on one of the hinges and it's swelling up just enough.

I wonder if you have a leak in the door gasket putting extra heat on one of the hinges and it's swelling up just enough.

That's a good thought. I just checked this morning and the door operates OK.
I placed a level on the door and it is out of square in comparison to the cabinet,
but that might be the door skin and not the door itself. The hinges are threaded
but I don't know if there is any adjustments that can be made.

Back