"That's sick"

One more question, should he chickens be breast side down and should they be turned?

Brethren of a feather will flock together!!!!! I get poked fun at when I photo my food:becky: but when they start eating it gets real quiet:tape: I love it when that happens.... Smoke on Brother!!

I do rest my whole chickens, but only for about 15 minutes, and not under foil because I want the skin to stay as crisp as possible. Good luck, and welcome to the Brethren!

One more question, should he chickens be breast side down and should they be turned?

I leave my chickens breast up and do not flip them. I do not like "grill marks" on the presentation side. Be gentle with the smoke-wood a little goes a long way.

"My name is Terry, and I'm a smoker."

Yeah, it's an addiction. I don't always get the opportunity - but I *want* to smoke something every weekend. (And, if/when I ever retire - it may be more often than that!)

"My name is Terry, and I'm a smoker."

Yeah, it's an addiction. I don't always get the opportunity - but I *want* to smoke something every weekend. (And, if/when I ever retire - it may be more often than that!)

Does it qualify as an addiction when the grocery ads come and you want to look at them first to see what meats are on sale???

Good luck on your first "holy smokin' attempt,it'll go great. Like the name by the way,not perfect just Forgiven,,,Smoke out!
P.S. I'm "sick" with this illness too,must be some kinda bug going around...

I think we're all just a little "sick" here... :thumb: Welcome brother, and that chicken's gonna be awesome... I vote for letting her beg a while for the chicken! :wink: well maybe not if you wanna sleep in your bed.. :heh:

Cheers

I like to add some aromatics in the cavity like 1/2 a quartered onion and fresh rosemary sprigs.

Breast side up, I don't flip, mainly for presentation purposes.

Brining is a great idea, I go 8 hours on yard birds. Get some rub under the skin and some evoo on the outside.

If you do foil while resting, tent it.. I've given up on "crisp" skin in the drum.

400* works for me..

Good luck!

Chickens were a hit! Thanks for all the help here. As I was hoping my wife didn't think it was so sick once she tasted the chicken, in fact as many of you said, she is looking forward to the next smoking project. I would add pictures but that is more of a challenge for me than building the smoker.:confused:

Back