View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 06:42 AM   #20
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

IH40 as you cross into Texas Exit 36 at Vega. In the NW corner sits an Allsups gas station convenience store. Ask the clerk if the burritos are fresh, gauge her/his response and if fresh grab a sack of Allsups Famous gas station burritos. Grab a bottle of their hot sauce both red and green. As well hit those burritos with mustard packets they provide. Take a selfie in front of the Allsups ad sign showing the five or six kinds of “burritos”. I go straight beef and bean, sometimes Hatch Green Chile which is Like thick green chile stew inside a fried burrito. Awesome. But that beef and bean has been in my life since 10 years old. Chimichanga is not the same as Beef & Bean burrito.. We’ve never had an issue with burritos

Amarillo- I would skip bbq and go to Coyote Bluff. South of IH40 on Grand. Burger from Hell (sounds way worse than it is) plate of green chile cheese fries and an appetizer of a cup of green chile stew.

Mexican food/ two chances to hit El Tejavan. IH40 and Paramount and IH40 and Grand. Both on north side of interstate. Order a side order of corn tortillas. They’re different than what comes with the meal. Excellent

Barbecue - I’ve tried the high rated and I don’t return much. Dyers BBQ at IH40 and Georgia is worth the stop for the onion rings. Seriously famous onion rings.

Whenever I have someone call passing through and inquires about bbq I recommend Rudys at IH40 and Western. 1/2 pound moist 1/2 pound lean brisket, sausage links half a loaf of bread included, onion pickle peppers open veggies bar, make a grand stacked sandwich and a giant Rice Krispy bar for dessert. Rudy’s also has a green chile stew made from their smoked pork that is probably the best I’ve ever tasted. It’s hot, too hot for wife, but we often buy a pint and use it as a starter for a larger pot.

Last edited by 16Adams; 05-17-2021 at 08:04 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->