View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #17
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

The Big Texan is an institution. I read about them in National Geographic in the 70s. Always dreamed of going there. Yes, it's a tourist trap, but what's wrong with tourist traps? I love tourist traps. It is Americana!

Anyway, there are so many routes you can go. If you head directly north out of Phoenix, one of my favorites is another tourist trap in Flagstaff called Black Bart's. The food is good, but the entertainment is some of the best. The waitstaff are primarily drama students at NAU and they perform song and dance routines during the meal. Nothing like having your waitress drop off your food and hop on stage to sing. Kitschy, maybe, but definitely a LOT of fun. If you're taking I10 east, then be sure to stop and see The Thing at Texas Canyon near Bisbee, Arizona. Another wonderful tourist trap. If you stay in Las Cruces, be sure to eat at the Double Eagle in Mesilla to get a feel for a luxurious old west restaurant. Sunday brunch is fabulous.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->