Brand new Bandera

C

crhorsley

I just finished puttin er' together. She's a bute! I'm new to smoking meat so I need to learn the basics. Wood or Charcoal? Should I add anything in the water pan other than water? How long should the meat smoke for? Etc... Any tips from the pros will help. Thanks. :wink:

Welcome to the group. Go to cattle call and introduce yourself. Then download the Bandera 101 document.

And congrats on the Bandera. Where did you find it?

Wood. Heck I forgot to even put water in mine last weekend<G>! Still the meat came out really tender.

Welcome aboard, CR, and congrats on a fine first step. You definitely could have done worse!
Now haul yer butt to Cattle Call and tell us about yourself!

Arlin

I found it at a store called "Academy Sports and Outdoors" here in Nashville, Tn. Check them out at www.academy.com. Thanks for the "Bandera 101" tip. I will check it out(as well as Cattle Call) tomorrow. Time to chow down some grub.

CR

Welcome to the site CR. You are in the right place. Tons of good reading here and lots of help. When you get a chance, also go to the profile section at the top of the page, grab an avatar, tell us where you're from, and list your cooker(s) in your signature line.

Yup, they helped me with my first cook last weekend with my 3 week old Dera! Welcome:)

Back