Spicewine Tie Down

That is really cool and a great add to the SW. I think you can now load it with the use of a crane attached to those things.

However, aren't you afraid that the paint under the tie down spot will get scratched ?? The tie downs on my stump's has a small 4x3 piece of Diamond plate under each one.

Just asking, not trying to stir the pot. :-D Cool Job, more guts than I have to drill into my baby.

Thanks Pat, this is great insight. I am not sure I can muster the courage to drill in to the spicewine, but this certainly gives me something to think about. Stainless would indeed be very nice.
Bring it up here, and I'll do it...:eek: Offset Mod....:mrgreen:

The type of tie down that was sent could not have been put anywhere else but the bottom. You kinna had to be there.
Just my .02
If I were there it would have made it clearer than what it is now that the placement of tie downs needs to be clarified before installed

That is really cool and a great add to the SW. I think you can now load it with the use of a crane attached to those things.

However, aren't you afraid that the paint under the tie down spot will get scratched ?? The tie downs on my stump's has a small 4x3 piece of Diamond plate under each one.

Just asking, not trying to stir the pot. :-D Cool Job, more guts than I have to drill into my baby.

The Hand Bar will serve as a tie down in the back and the new factory installed tie downs are in the High Heat Black paint area of the front
The front doors are covered with Diamond Plate or Stainless Steel on the new SW options list

If it were me and I were you, I would put some kind of rubberized coating or some kind of plastic nut around the bottom of the U bolt. Just to keep the bolt from flopping around and scratching the paint.
Dave

Hey Norco great job!!
I was wondering seeing that you use Harbour Freight if you ever thought about dipping those tie-downs in a bit of rubber coating ( Plasti Dip) so you don't scar the SP?

01-10-rubber1.jpg

Don't you like the smooth, glossy appearance of lacquered furniture? But it seems difficult to acheive yourself at home. We've seen rubberized coatings that are available for dipping the handles of tools .
One such product from a company called Plasti Dip is shown here, with rubber coatings available in dippable and sprayable applications. most rubber coatings are available in very limited colors like "blue", "yellow", "red".
I have some tools that I dipped over fifteen years ago that are still in tact. Just a thought.

Norco,

I'd put some electrical tape behind the tie downs so they don't chip the paint. Nice work, and a great idea!

Back