• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who else cooks

Pocchampion

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For the dawg? I find myself always making our dawg , Smokie, a little bite. Tonight was her burger. She loves steak night the best.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 336
Hah, we have a routine. Daddy nearly always cooks, and also makes lunch in the morning.
The dog who, as he looks at you, with his beautiful eyes,
has never eaten all week, and maybe had a scrap or 2.
Forlorn, those eyes are the ads on TV eyes...
So I cut about 1 1/2 oz of meat we cooked before, or
that nights' meal, and either set it aside, or add to his meal.
It's a dance we play. If he's in the other room,
I make sure the last bit makes a 'ching' sound on the bowl, he comes looking for trouble.

I give the Akita 4 eggs in the morning, used to do omelets...over easy now. Only one for the cocker, she's older, and a hell of a bit smaller. Rib bones, various veggies.

-D

Has anyone smoked pig ears for their dog? I've seen them in stores and have always been interested.

Mine gets the leftovers from supper.

And an occasional hen that is foolish enough to get out!

Mine gets leftovers too. Sometimes I'll grill a burger for him though.

The only thing I intentionally cook for them is the flaps off the back of Full Spares when I trim the Spares. I don't season the flaps and cook them in the smoker to render fat and get tender, chop them up and add to their dog food later.

I will save the juices from Pork Loins, Poultry and Beef cuts while they are resting and add to their dog food the next morning. They don't get a lot of people food and they never get anything when we're sitting at the table eating.

This is the look I get when they're saying give me a damn Milk Bone man. :-D

krbv5k3.jpg

Yep, we cook for Henry, baked chicken, long grain brown rice, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and a poached egg, but only because he now has a malabsorption disorder and we're trying to save him.

Had some friends that threw their little darlings food at the table while they ate. Would spend the meal time kicking the little bastards in the ribs under the table.
Ed

Had some friends that threw their little darlings food at the table while they ate. Would spend the meal time kicking the little bastards in the ribs under the table.
Ed

So you accepted an invitation to dinner at a "friends" house knowing they feed the dogs from the table while you kicked them in the ribs under the table?

My better half spent years working in a vets office. As a result, our two great danes do not get any "people food", other than a raw egg or some oil in their dry food occasionally. Begging dogs are right up there with misbehaving children on my list. Unless you really know what you are doing, people food can do much more harm than good.

Never fed our dogs anything but their kibble until they stopped eating at around 12 years old. Then it was ground beef and rice for a while, Then chicken thighs, then raw and now a mixture of anything we can get him to eat. Vet says he's just old but he lost his sister in November and hasn't been the same since.

Last year we switched to a raw diet for our dogs. It consisted of a dehydrated food along with cooking BLSL chicken thighs for them. After the one we were doing it for passed we tried to get the other one back to regular dog food. Not a chance. We tried for about 6 weeks until we got to the point where we were worried something was wrong. He had lost a decent amount of weight. Last night I gave in and cooked some thighs on the trager so I didnt have to heat up the house. Dog devoured 2 bowls last night and licked his bowl clean this morning. So ya, he wins. Jerk dog.....

Back