BBQ fusion

irishboy209

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I wanted to get some feedback from some of the brethren brotherhood. I am starting a new YouTube channel of a BBQ fusion combining smoked foods with sous vide or pressure cooking I've been experimenting with this for a while with amazing results now I want to dial it in better and just have fun with it. Is there any interest in the community to see a channel do this? Or is it a bad idea?

If so any suggestions or any advice on your opinion on the video or future videos what you would like to see cooked or any kind of feedback?

If you do enjoy it or interested I would appreciate if I could get some subscribers to start me off on the right track It really helps with YouTube recognizing me and showing me on their feed.

This channel is brand new but I plan on showing off a lot of cooks and different methods And just having fun with it. https://youtube.com/channel/UCtjfquQYWGPFRK5X5WMQzSQ

I'd appreciate any support or any feedback or tips or suggestions and ideas

Smoke on brothers

I like your sense of brevity, no idle jibber jabber, you stay on topic.

On the pastrami, have you done any in the other order, that is, smoke first than finish with the pressure? That seems to be the more common order, at least around this forum.

I subscribed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Might be able to pull in the insta-pot and sous vide people over to smoking and vice versa.
That's the idea behind the channel a broad spectrum I don't like to be tied down just to one particular method or having a bunch of different channels to me good food is good food no matter how I get there I just feel mostly everything tastes better with smoke

I'll follow
I appreciate the support it means a lot

I like your sense of brevity, no idle jibber jabber, you stay on topic.

On the pastrami, have you done any in the other order, that is, smoke first than finish with the pressure? That seems to be the more common order, at least around this forum.
Thank you I was really trying to just get to the point not drag it on and not waste anybody's time I see video sometimes that are way too long for what it is I don't need to watch a 20-minute video to learn how to hard boil an egg or simple things

As far as trying on pastrami reverse order I have not I thought about it The reason why I didn't was to reasons first doing it first and then allowing it to cool down made the pastrami where it stayed together a lot better and easier to handle and not just fall apart It had a more traditional slice like a smoked brisket yet very very tender but as I demonstrated it in the video still has that accordion effect that I personally like

The second reason why I chose to go with this option or this particular order was because I wanted to have a better firmer crust where I felt the other option would have softened it too much for my particular taste

That being said I will be doing more experimentations in the future and seeing if I could get better results one way or the other,

Thank you for the feedback it's really helpful to get a better idea on something I'm so new at

I subscribed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
thank you so much for the support It helps a great deal

I just subscribed.
thank you so much this is an amazing community and every subscription helps to actually get video shown on YouTube I'm noticing real quick they're not too willing to share with their algorithm unless I'm a high-quality high-paid channel for the most part seems to be pretty hard to get off the ground but I'm not trying to do this as a job just trying to share a passion and learn how to improve my cooking game so it's all fun as long as the smoke is rolling and we're eating good food

With the response I would actually really like to know do you guys think it's a good idea to include other recipes that are not particularly smoked or vice versa other recipes that are not particularly in the pressure cooker or sous vide and just pure smoked or do you think that kind of goes against the title of the channel?

Like little videos I would like to share like how to do the perfect soft-boiled eggs in a pressure cooker I've been doing them for years every week for lunch and I got that down down pretty good and a bunch of other options vegetables and things like that
Or just some pure good old-fashioned smoked brisket or ribs or whatnot

Back