Ugly Drum Smoker Photo Gallery

I really like that Weber style air intake. Here is mine

dscf3693medium.jpg

dscf3694medium.jpg

dscf3695medium.jpg

dscf3696medium.jpg

very intriguing, What are your burn times like with this intake set-up??

Gonesledin,

Yes, that is a great idea! Let us know how it works and if you end up making any changes to fine tune it.

The cookers just keep getting better and less ugly. The brass intake and the pie plate intake are one of a kind for sure!!

:cool:

just finished up with this today...

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDktMjAxMDAzMzAtMTI0N.jpg

Awesome! I like it! I was thinking about doing something similar to this except the tube would have one port in it (~1.5" diameter) or a square port, and the port would be opened by rotating the sleeve around the tube. Either your method or my method would give plenty of fine resolution adjustment. I just ended up going with the 3x3/4" intake setup because it's tried and true and I at least wouldn't be on my own when it comes to suggested settings for startup, etc... Well, that and I was spending too much time thinking and not enough time building and then smoking. ;-)

What are those fittings and tube originally for? Hand rails?

-Rodney

Here's our first, chuggin' along!!

Last edited:
Almost 5000 hits in a bit over 20 days. This is starting out to be another biggie!

Here's my setup.

My Weber lid wouldn't work so I made my own.
UDS1.jpg

Before seasoning it, not sure if I'm going to use the pan setup or not

UDS2.jpg

My charcoal basket is 12X12X7

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Suppose I might as well put mine in here too. My donor grill was a Kingsford and reused most of it including the legs which is now the dolly set under this one.

uds1.jpg

uds9.jpg

uds10.jpg

DSCF2469Small.jpg

Here's my baby. Got the itch to start smoking so I built it over the winter and have used it 3 times so far (we've been having unseasonably nice weather here in Buffalo, NY).

Got the idea from Cowgirl's blog, but made a few changes to the original design.

Pay no attention to my messy apartment. I had to assemble it indoors.

small2.jpg

small10.jpg

small4.jpg

small5.jpg

small8.jpg

small9.jpg

small16.jpg

small15.jpg

small13.jpg

small12.jpg

Here's my baby. Got the itch to start smoking so I built it over the winter and have used it 3 times so far (we've been having unseasonably nice weather here in Buffalo, NY).

Got the idea from Cowgirl's blog, but made a few changes to the original design.

Pay no attention to my messy apartment. I had to assemble it indoors.

small2.jpg

small10.jpg

small4.jpg

small5.jpg

small8.jpg

small9.jpg

small16.jpg

small15.jpg

small13.jpg

small12.jpg

Just curious.. is that a pvc pipe going into the smoker feeding the waterpan?

Needed another cooker so UDS

I needed another smoker so here is my UDS. I started bulding this mroning and just finsihed. Need to disassemble, burn out, paint and reassemble. Do the seasoning and then Inaugural cook. Used all SS hardware and have a lower cooking grate which can sub for a heat deflector if needed. The traditional bottle opener, 6" velocity stacks, lid hanger and baskset handle rotates out of the way for the bottom grate. I used a BGE draft door and a 4" thermometer :doh: I didn't realize how big this was until I opened the box. Stevie Wonder can spot this therm at 100 yards.

Last edited:
Here's mine. The green one was my first. The black one is a bit more portable. It also has a couple pork shoulders for pullin' in it currentley. Tomorrow the green one will be loaded with moink balls and abt's to take to moms for easter.

Attachments

• P1310168.jpg
    P1310168.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3,195
  • P2180031.jpg
    P2180031.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3,185
Back