Spring Cleaning

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
It’s almost time. It’s the Silly Season where I live. Scrape ice in the morning and 2pm tee time. Winds 0-60 with blowing dust, snow flurries and a thunderstorm watch. Literally all 4 seasons often occur in a 24 hour period. Anyway, The Bride is on the injured Reserve list so hiking I’m on my own.

Yesterday 3+ mi hike and cooked Chili Mac with Bolita beans.
SOB-total interior scrape & clean/-need to hit exterior with wire wheel and hi temp matte paint

Primo Oval XL- firebox cracked separated and grates no longer sit flat. need to file warranty claim. Cast Iron charcoal grate at bottom firebox warped. Firebox has been cracked a couple years. May do a sel clean cycle. 500* for 30 minutes.

Davy Crocket- not acting like new. May be me May be it- need to cook a couple Nekkid Fattys and take notes before contacting customer service.

Barrel- sits new unused under its cover. No Issues identified there.

Weber Chimney handles look like oil field equipment. Simple green and GoJo.

May procrastinate. I’m good that way.

Last edited:
If you knocked all that out today, you wouldn't have anything todo tomorrow. :-D

Chili looks good but we're in spring weather already, low last night was 69, wet and foggy. Orange Beach Buoy is showing a 3' swell @ 8seconds, light onshore winds, Gulf of Mexico around 65, grabbing the wetsuit, surfboard and heading to the beach for some saltwater therapy.

Hope you get a round in today Adams.

You're planning spring cleaning? You have more discipline than me. We cook year round in GA and routing cleaning and maintenance happen every couple of cooks, but annual spring cleaning? I never plan it. It's usually done impulsively on a beautiful spring day when I have nothing else to do.

You're planning spring cleaning? You have more discipline than me. We cook year round in GA and routing cleaning and maintenance happen every couple of cooks, but annual spring cleaning? I never plan it. It's usually done impulsively on a beautiful spring day when I have nothing else to do.

it’s year round here as well. Just obtained the SOB so really got after the insides. The Primo has been cracked but website says claim if you want but it’s safe to keep using. DC just started its deal. So while spring cleaning may project an image of being early, as the song says/ I’m one or two years and a couple of changes behind.

New fireboxes already have joints in them. Had my primo for over 10 years now, this my third firebox. Think I have had it over 2 years now & no cracks at all. I think George finally found a solution.

Always feels good to know the grills/smokers are clean and dialed in... glad to see you taking care of business :)

Back