We need a Select grade brisket Throw Down

Normally wrap in butcher paper.... But I am debating going naked the whole cook.

Depends on the bark, if it forms early I will wrap at around 160 IT, then unwrap for last hour or so, if not I will cook all the way nekkid and just wrap in foil to rest in my Coleman versa cambro/beer cooler.

Larry

But just salt and pepper, right Smitty

Larry

Never...........

q8fjpl4h.jpeg

Made in Midlothian, Tx just S of DFW. Just picked up 4 more bags at HEB last nite........I coat Heavily with Rub- 1 Bag does 3 med Briskets.........

Last edited:
Da Czar needs to change this thread title, something like : " 1st Annual Smitty Jones Championship Select Grade Brisket Throwdown"

Larry

um..... Terry.....Superbowl IS next weekend

Any Select grade will do. Walmart is just the most common denominator for the low grade stuff.

Did I hear Walmart only or is HEB select ok?

I stopped by Hy-Vee , no luck. I guess I'll try wally world tomorrow. Gonna have to try and get the camera installed on the new computer, pay my photo shop account....hell it might just be cheaper to get a prime brisket and enjoy it myself.:icon_smile_tongue:

And it’s $4.99 for a whole pound. Can be found at lower cost. Nearly bought their Mesquite Fajita Seasoning yesterday but I got 5-7 rubs for Christmas I’ve got to work thru now.

As cowgirl says “a kiss of mesquite”. Blended with hickory- amazing

Developed in 1967 by a Western Style Texan by the name of Adkin........

Back