Hot Damn!

F

frohe

Tomorrow my grandkids from Tennessee get here for spring break. Haven't seen them since Christmas. Their favorite thing is hot dogs off the grill so I'm gonna cook up a bunch and send em home with them tomorrow afternoon so their daddy won't have to cook any. I'm sure he'd rather spend time with them than cook anyways.

Once the dogs is done, the wife has requested the boneless beef country ribs that have been patiently waiting to be cooked out in the garage fridge. Gonna get the gas grill good & hot and cook them medium rare, slathered with my homemade BBQ sauce. Maybe I can talk the Mrs into frying up some steak fries to go with em. Oh, and garlic Texas Toast.

frohe's Kick Ass Texas BBQ Sauce

1 quart v8 juice
1 quart beef stock; de-greased
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup dark molasses
1/3 cup black pepper
1/3 cup hungarian sweet paprika
1/4 cup yellow onion; minced
1 bottle worcestershire sauce
1 cup chilies; you decide how hot
1/2 cup garlic; pressed

The key to the amount of heat is the chilies and how many you use. I usually make up 3 batches; one for the gringo bellies made with green bell peppers, a medium hot one made with jalapenos or Serrano, and a hot one made with habaneros.
Mix together V8 juice and beef stock. Then add mustard, cider, molasses, black pepper and paprika as you stir the sauce. Put mixture on stove to simmer. After 1/2 hour, add Worcestershire sauce, minced yellow onion, chilies, and garlic. Let the sauce simmer for about 2 hours in your smoker to pick up the good smoke taste. Stir and taste often as it simmers. After about three hours total simmering time, taste and add some salt if needed. You can put it in a blender to smooth it out. Let the sauce cool and put it in a gallon jug and let age at least a week in the refrigerator before using.

I'm a bit jealous; no grandkids... yet.

Enjoy!!!

The sauce sounds good frohe, I don't usually make my own but i'll give it a shot. Enjoy your time with the grand kids!

Well, the grandkids made it to town and, as expected, dove right into the hot dogs and all the fixins their Mimi made to go with the dogs. Both of them had their bellies pooching out when they left here a bit ago.

I was a bit disappointed with the beef country ribs. They didn't cook up as fast as I thought they would so I ended up pulling them off the grill a bit too soon. But thanks to the nuker, I finished off the two I had picked out. Grabbed me a root beer, 3 slices of white bread and I commenced to acting like a pig. It were good. I imagine I'll have me some more a bit later once the taste of these has passed.

Back