Sausage Suggestions

Slovacek makes several varieties of sausage, but to me the Garlic is the best. When my son was at A&M I would bring home 15-20# each trip.

Cheese in sausage is not my thing. I like different mustard on my sausage and my taste buds cringe at the mix of mustard and cheese. I mean I’ll eat it, but not if another non cheese is available. Beer, that’s another requirement:))

Hickory Smoked Slovacek Garlic.

https://www.slovacek.com/locations/austin-area/

There are a crapton Of great sausage makers in Texas. Both raw and smoked. I’ve had bad-good-great all at the same place. I prefer raw and cook myself, but there are some damn solid presmoked too.

^^^^^^^
This is my families favorite also. Have to bring it up by cooler full when visiting brother-in-law in Norman, OK. Since moving from TX to OK he can't get it any more.

Being you are in NY, you might be able to find Conecuh Sausage at some stores.

I've never had Dickey's (never been to one), but I love Conecuh Sausage, their hickory smoked hot sausage is great, but they don't have a cheddar variety that i have seen locally.

t_76.jpg

conecuh is my favorite sausage. their distribution is weird here and it's only available in one of the 3 counties in out tri county area.

as for dickies, I walked into one once but panicked when in line and left. had arby's for lunch that day

Conecuh or death.

I’ve tried dozens of different brands from all around the country, conecuh is the best. Full stop.

We don’t get it in Oklahoma so I rather stock up when we go to Alabama or have them ship it to me. If you order from them during winter you can get two day shipping which is a fraction of their overnight cost. Only bad thing is I’ve turned friends and family onto it and people are always asking to take a package home!

If you find yourself passing thru Amarillo check Champions BBQ Supply. They’ve had Conecuh last several times I’ve walked by. Freezer by front door.

Back