New member from Tampa Bay area

sigma_pete

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello everyone from sunny Tampa Bay Florida.

I guess you’d say I’m a long time but amateur smoker. I’ve been grilling and smoking in a makeshift fashion using a regular grill for years. Finally broken down and bought a second hand gas smoker a couple years ago. It’s fairly basic but I’ve had good success with it.

I recently came across this forum while searching for diabetic friendly recipes. I’m still desperately searching for decent sauce recipes of all varieties to replace my old tried and true but not so low carb ones (not even remotely).

Please share your recipes and suggestions if you can help me out. I would be most appreciative, as would my family.

I’m trying to stay away from funky chemical compound substitute sweeteners and most of the more natural (typically keto) recipes that I’ve tried taste more like pizza sauce than barbecue sauce.

I also have started to get into pickling this past year with the youngest of 3 sons. He is a very bright boy but was recently diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum and cooking is something that we love doing together. My oldest, now adult son also shares my passion for cooking and experimenting all kinds of stuff as well. The middle son is more of a sweets and breads baker, not my strong suit nor something I can partake in any more. He actually works part time as a baker at a bagel shop while still in school.

Here is a sampling of my set up and past work.

ebc6ab413a384dfc1258aa200fbae546.jpg

55ea87079ae0ae542d464b1f489dfaeb.jpg

cb4534e8de3616a7df11cdc505d4aab0.jpg

aa3c8a3be0775943c10945d8a425a023.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welocme, Pete! You've truly come to the right place.

I highly recommend that you checkout the Roadmap to the QTalk Forum and hit up the search function (the Google bar near the bottom of the page) to find most anything you can imagine. This place is a treasure trove of ideas (both good and not-so), recipes, and witty banter.

Thanks for the photos, and I hope to see your next culinary adventure over in QTalk soon.

Back